Discord Weekly Practices (Mondays + Thursdays 7-9 PM EST)

Old college threads.
EricChang5
Lulu

Discord Weekly Practices (Mondays + Thursdays 7-9 PM EST)

Post by EricChang5 »

Hi - I've (Matt Weiner) been running online practices via Discord for a few weeks, initially targeted at teams in the Mid-Atlantic who have been home from campus due to the public health situation. We've run into an issue with too many people of different skill levels trying to play the same questions, and are looking to expand the reach of the server so that we can split into 2 or 3 rooms based on ability in the future.

If you are doing online practices yourself, or if you would like to, can you let people in your club/region know about the server? The address is https://discord.gg/6WpBkQ9 and right now we run practice from 7 to 9 PM eastern on Mondays and Thursdays. I'd like to try to coordinate an ability split this coming Monday, and if there is enough interest then there could be practices run at times more convenient to other time zones as well.

This is open to anyone including current college quizbowl club members and graduated people. I don't care if people under college age come but they should behave & be prepared to be sorted into the "intermediate" or "advanced" rooms (we're not looking to have the novice college practice dominated by high school all-stars).

Thanks and stay safe.
Eric Chang (he/him)
Christiansburg High School '15
Virginia Tech '19 (B.S.) '24 (M.S.)