MONTH

Old college threads.
weissnichtwo9
Kimahri

MONTH

Post by weissnichtwo9 »

Is this where I put this stuff? I'm not sure. I'm putting this in Online Packets because it seems like a good fit--the tournament will be conducted over Discord, and the whole reason for this particular forum was because of NHBB Online. Then again, ILLIAC put theirs in High School... I feel conflicted.

So after the fiasco that was "NHBB Online" (actually, fiasco is probably an understatement), I have decided to take it into my own hands to organize a proper National History :bees: and Bowl style tournament.

Introducing MONTH (The Mock Online National Tournament in History, albeit rearranged from the slightly better name of Mock National History Online Tournament for the sake of a better acronym), an endeavor to bring the experience of the National History Bee and Bowl to Discord. Yes, N for national--while this does not include IGB, UGSO, and Sports and Entertainment, the full extent of the Nationals tournament will be replicated, in all 27 packets of its glory--9 in Bee, 18 in Bowl. (The difficulty of the answerlines devised thus far demands it.) This will be fully housewritten.

Contact in private if interested in moderating.

This is an interest-gauging thread. Details on e.g. the tournament date are still being resolved. While the framework is in place, the registration form and Discord link will only be revealed upon a confirmation of the date, which, as determined by the scale of the tournament, will only be possible once most of the packet is already written. What good would I be if I let people register only to say a date on which they cannot come?

If a price is to be levied for this tournament, it would likely use the same pricing as Regionals - $35 for a one-man team, $70 for two, $85 for at least three, $15 for bee participation.

Obligatory statement: THIS IS IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH IAC, IHBB, NHBB, IHO, etc.
Last edited by weissnichtwo9 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wesley Z.
Canyon Crest Academy '20
Bosa of York
Rikku

Re: MONTH

Post by Bosa of York »

Will this be open? Do you have an idea of the general date (eg this summer, this fall, next summer)? How much of this has already been written?
Eric Wolfsberg
Bethlehem Central High School 2016
University of Delaware 2020
Stanford 2025 or whatever
weissnichtwo9
Kimahri

Re: MONTH

Post by weissnichtwo9 »

Milhouse wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:17 pmWill this be open?
The target demographic is high school, but I recall NHBB Online being open - perhaps we will separate divisions if we get enough people.
Milhouse wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:17 pmDo you have an idea of the general date (eg this summer, this fall, next summer)?
The hopeful date is this summer, sometime in August, though delays may be necessary.
Milhouse wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:17 pmHow much of this has already been written?
I have a general idea for what I'll be writing on--all 929 topics. Again, this is an interest-gauging post--I wanted to know whether the effort I enter into these packets would be worth it before fully devoting myself to writing.
Wesley Z.
Canyon Crest Academy '20