Member Identification Policy - Created 4/27/08

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
AKKOLADE
Sin

Member Identification Policy - Created 4/27/08

Post by AKKOLADE »

Effective immediately, each member must identify themselves in the first line of their signature by first name & quiz bowl affiliation (school/company/other organization). Members will be required to post this along with their first post in each thread; after the first post in that thread, it is optional for additional posts.

If you have what you feel is a legitimate reason to be exempted from this rule, please advise me via e-mail. If I agree, you'll be placed on a exempt list.

Failure to follow this rule in a timely manner may result in a ban. Timeliness is at administration's discretion; for example, if you are directly asked by a moderator to identify yourself, you'll be expected to accomplish this more quickly than someone who is returning to the board after a few months of absence.
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, co-owner
PACE
former (?) hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
AKKOLADE
Sin

Re: Member Identification Policy - Created 4/27/08

Post by AKKOLADE »

For clarification - only your first name is required for the name portion.
Fred Morlan
PACE
former (?) hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Okay, I'd like to have this rule go into effect tomorrow, so go ahead and get your stuff set up.
Fred Morlan
PACE
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Hey,

I'm still finding posts where the authors are failing to abide by the signature thing. I'm starting to send out warnings to each person who does this. At this time I'm not doing any sort of punitive follow-up on these, but if you keep ignoring these warnings chances are I will get annoyed and start handing out tempbans.

I will post a guide on how to make a signature in the near future, just in case that's an issue.

Also, if you are using your real name as your screen name, then you're fine as is (though you should use your signature to identify your current/past affiliation).
Fred Morlan
PACE
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

How to edit your signature - a four step process

First of all, this is all done with the "old" layout of the board. If you're using a different one, things may be located in other places. However, this should be the same path that you use.

Also, I'm including images to help out, but due to the necessary size to keep text readable, they're kind of monstrous. I'm linking to their location rather than including them inline.

Step one - find your User Control Panel
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll90 ... ature1.jpg

Step two - open your profile
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll90 ... ature2.jpg

Step three - find the "Edit signature" option
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll90 ... ature3.jpg

Step four - put the proper info in there and hit submit!
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll90 ... ature4.jpg

You now have a signature and no longer annoy me!
Fred Morlan
PACE