TRASHionals XIII Invitations have been sent

Old college threads.
theBlue88s
Lulu

TRASHionals XIII Invitations have been sent

Post by theBlue88s »

Invitations have been sent out to the contacts we have listed for the teams for TRASHionals XIII (TRASHionals the 13th).

The tournament will take place on Saturday and Sunday (April 24-25). We're currently looking at 14 rounds, though that and the schedule will be dependent on field size (updates will be posted as teams register and the schedule gets figured out).

We are looking to have theme rounds to play Saturday after the day's official matches have ended, though that will ultimately depend on how much people feel like writing them (any freelancers who might have a pop culture packet they've been looking to write are more than welcome to contribute to the cause - just drop me a line).

The fee structure is as follows:

Base Fee: $150 per team
Staffer Discount: -$10 each (up to 3)
Theme Round: -$10 each
Buzzer System Discount: -$15 each (no limit, except see minimum fee below)
Student Discount: -$20 if applicable
[Any team made entirely of undergraduates and graduate students enrolled at the same institution, or any team made entirely of undergraduates enrolled at any educational institution, qualifies for this discount. Any team qualifying in the latter fashion is also eligible for the Undergraduate Award]
Travel Discount: -$30 if applicable
[Any team where two or more people traveled more than 200 miles (per Google maps) to Athens, Georgia].
Minimum Fee: $80

You’ll notice that the base fee is the same as last year’s, but we’ve upped the travel and student discounts in recognition of the potential added costs of attending this year’s tournament. To encourage teams to bring buzzers, we’ve also increased the buzzer system discount.

If you feel like your team should have gotten an invite but didn't, please let me know and I'll try to make things right. If your team didn't get an invite (but realizes that there's probably a reason for it) and is interested in attending, feel free to email me and we'll see about getting a waitlist started.

- Casey
- Casey Retterer
Formerly of UMDCP
Currently of Oakland Mills HS