TRASH in 2010

Old college threads.
glorious achievement
Lulu

TRASH in 2010

Post by glorious achievement »

This is a two-part topic. First, are there any TRASH tournaments planned in 2010 other than the two mentioned on these forums? Due to a number of transportation issues, we missed every single one in Fall 2009, and the consensus on the team seems to be that that is a damn shame.

Second, if there aren't any tournaments or at least very many planned, what would be the interest in a TRASH tournament run in Pittsburgh sometime in March? The tournament would most likely be packet submission, exact date, price, and set composition to be determined.

Thanks very much.
Dan Christman-Crook
University of Pittsburgh
Papa's in the House
Tidus

Re: TRASH in 2010

Post by Papa's in the House »

CO Trash
CULT
Penn Bowl Trash II
TRASHIONALS

-An all-movie side event is in the writing stage, but the editors have yet to announce when it will be played.
-Trashtwostrophe (a collaboration between Jeff Geringer and several others) is somewhere between the consideration and writing stage. The last I heard was that the editors sought to have it complete by March to be used as a side event at a tournament at Illinois.
-I am considering writing a trash tournament this summer (making it available for Fall 2010 tournaments as a side event), but I wouldn't count on that until I make a more formal announcement.

EDIT: In the interests of keeping one collective list of Trash tournaments (thus avoiding future similar threads), I will (try to) update my post as people point out more tournaments or I hear of more tournaments.
Last edited by Papa's in the House on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Charles Martin Jr.
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Academic Buzzer Team | President
B.S. in Accountancy, August 2011
B.S. in Finance, August 2011
MAS Program, Class of 2012
Jamnman23
Lulu

Post by Jamnman23 »

I think Penn would be up for sending a team for a potential tournament in March. However, I don't know the exact date you are planning it for. It could potentially fall in our spring break, in which case we probably could not get a team together. In terms of other tournaments, does anyone know if GARBAGE is supposed to happen this year? I have not heard anything about it up to this point.
Benjamin Frank
University of Pennsylvania 2012
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

I don't have plans on a GARBAGE event. My personal project is the movies tournament I'm working on.
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, co-owner
PACE
former (?) hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
Demonic Leftovers
Wakka

Post by Demonic Leftovers »

There are also a couple more tournaments that haven't been mentioned yet.
1. TRASHIONALS
2. CO Trash, whose head writer is the premier Wendell Willkie doppelganger in quiz bowl, Michael Arnold.
TWO TIME NATIONAL CHAMPION David A. Seal, Esq.
QUINTUPLE CROWN WINNER: ICT/ICT/NHB/NHB/CULT
Coach of 2014 and 2015 ICT Champion UVA
University of Chicago '10
University of Virginia School of Law '13
Not Every Team Can Afford Me
Coattail Rider