Minnesota Open packets

Old college threads.
theMoMA
Forums Staff: Administrator

Minnesota Open packets

Post by theMoMA »

Two things:

1) If you haven't turned in your packet yet, seriously, do it. The tournament is almost tomorrow, for god's sake.

2) I'd really like to host MO as a full round robin, but due to accommodations for a late entry in the field, this currently looks unlikely. There is no packet crunch, and this tournament is well on schedule. We currently have 13 packets completely finalized, a fourteenth half-done, and the remaining two fall into point (1) from above. We have a format that ensures that everyone plays 13 meaningful games, but I know that the idea of a full round robin is very appealing with so many solid teams in attendance.

So, here's the deal. If you are good writer who is playing this tournament at MIT, Stanford, or UTC, send me 5/5 (no trash) of reasonably usable stuff at appropriate difficulty by midnight central tomorrow (that is, when it is turning from Thursday to Friday) and receive $10 off your entry fee. Some of you probably even have stuff just sitting around. Please email me first so I know how much to expect. Thanks, and I hope that I get a bunch of emails tomorrow, because I'd really like to host this as a full round robin.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
theMoMA

Re: Minnesota Open packets

Post by theMoMA »

Hey, I've received two emails. Is there anyone else out there who isn't playing and can write a mere 5/5?
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
ericblair
Wakka

Post by ericblair »

What's your email? I can send you 5/5.
Eric Blair
Pikeville '04
Georgetown College '08
Currently vagabonding in other countries
theMoMA

Post by theMoMA »

ericblair wrote:What's your email? I can send you 5/5.
[email protected]
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
theMoMA

Post by theMoMA »

Hey, I'd just like to thank Hannah Kirsch, Chris White, Eric Blair, Seth Kendall, and Dwight Wynne for stepping up and helping us finish up the tournament set. Also, thanks to Eric and Jerry for writing a half-packet. We will be running a full round robin thanks to your efforts. We have just under two packets to go, so mirror sites, expect your packets sometime tomorrow. There will be 15 packets, plus two finals, for 17 total. I hope everyone enjoys the tournament; I know I've had a lot of fun working on it.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

You crazies have outdone yourselves. Major thanks to all involved.
Andrew Watkins
Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

Yeah I too would like to note how incredibly awesome these people are for sending us freelance stuff like this. You are all wonderful.
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??, BHSU forever
Member, ACF
Member emeritus, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT
grapesmoker
Sin

Post by grapesmoker »

Do you guys still need questions? I was asked to write a few by Eric but I won't be able to get them to you before tonight.
Jerry Vinokurov
ex-LJHS, ex-Berkeley, ex-Brown, sorta-ex-CMU
presently: John Jay College Economics
code ape, loud voice, general nuissance
theMoMA

Post by theMoMA »

grapesmoker wrote:Do you guys still need questions? I was asked to write a few by Eric but I won't be able to get them to you before tonight.
Yes.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum