Last-minute Announcement: ICT Warmup at MIT, 4/5

Old college threads.
The Logic of Scientific Disco
Wakka

Last-minute Announcement: ICT Warmup at MIT, 4/5

Post by The Logic of Scientific Disco »

Hey everyone,

MIT will indeed be holding a mirror of the FICHTE set on April 5. This is being put together somewhat late, but I hope we can still get a good field for what is sure to be quite a unique event. Here's some prices:

+$100 base fee
+$90 for second, third, etc. teams
-$10 per fully functional buzzer system
-$10 per usable clock
-$10 for being on time

The "being on time" discount didn't quite work as intended last time, but hopefully weather and traffic will be nice to us this time so that everyone gets the discount. To get it, you must be in the meeting room (still being determined--see below) by 9 am, so hopefully we can start play by 9:30.

We are still working with our Schedules office to get a big room to meet in at the beginning, since the one they originally gave us is very hard to find, even by MIT standards of labyrinthinity. I'll post here as soon as I know exactly where to meet in the morning.

As usual, if you're interested in coming, email me at chriskennedy at mit dot edu to let me know how many teams and buzzers you're bringing, and if you know where to find a stash of clocks. If all else fails, we'll follow Maryland's lead and just use our laptops.

See you in two weeks!
Chris Kennedy, MIT
z9R4C3
Lulu

Re: Last-minute Announcement: ICT Warmup at MIT, 4/5

Post by z9R4C3 »

Not enough teams signed up, so this mirror has been canceled.

Many apologies to Brown and Harvard and to anyone else who was planning to come.
Grace from MIT