Announcement: ICT Warmup @ OU- 4/5/2008

Old college threads.
DVader
Wakka

Announcement: ICT Warmup @ OU- 4/5/2008

Post by DVader »

The Oklahoma Academic Team will be hosting a mirror of Maryland's ICT Warmup on April 5th. If you have not read the threads concerning the other two tournaments involved, it will be a NAQT-style timed tournament using questions by Matt Weiner and Jerry Vinokurov written in the style and difficulty level of NAQT ICT Division I.

Eligibility
This will be an open tournament, so any team or player of any experience level (high schoolers, eligible college players, players no longer affiliated with a college) is invited to compete. If enough teams with Division II eligibility or less decide to compete, we may run a separate Division II bracket. Otherwise, recognition will be given to the best-performing Division II team overall.

Fees
+$90 – Base Fee per team.
-$5 – Buzzer discount per school per working buzzer system.
-$15 – Staff discount (either moderating or scorekeeping) per school.
-$5 – Clock discount per school per working clock (i.e. a clock you would see at a timed NAQT match).
-$15 – Travel discount per team for traveling over 200 miles one way to the tournament.

Minimum fee: $60 per team (if your discounts are greater than or equal to $30 times the number of teams attending, this is the fee you will pay).

Registration
Contact me, David John Gagne, at djgagne [at] ou [dot] edu if you are interested in attending or have any questions regarding the tournament. The final registration deadline will be Wednesday, April 2, but we would greatly prefer teams to register as early as possible.
David John Gagne,
University of Oklahoma

DVader
Wakka

Re: Announcement: ICT Warmup @ OU- 4/5/2008

Post by DVader »

The fee section has been updated on the main post. So far Mississippi State and Tulsa have expressed interest in attending.
David John Gagne,
University of Oklahoma