More Whip Ghostriding

Old college threads.

Matt got a bunch of CDs for Christmas. Of the songs on those CDs, which has the sickest beat (all of these are/were singles, so yeah you should know them beyotch)?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:29 pm

Can You Believe It (Styles P feat. Akon, produced by Lil Jon)
18%
Hip Hop is Dead (Nas, almost the same beat as Thief's Theme, produced by will.i.am.)
36%
Chrome and Paint (Ice Cube, producer unknown)
No votes
Why We Thugs (Ice Cube, producer unknown)
9%
Who Want a Problem Remix (Styles P, Sheek Louch, Jadakiss, produced by Swizz Beatz)
No votes
Hustlers (Nas f/t Game, produced by Dr. Dre)
36%

Total votes: 11

Zip Zap Rap Pants
Yuna

More Whip Ghostriding

Post by Zip Zap Rap Pants »

I proposed this: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/p ... =104890337 as a club t-shirt idea for W&M, and yes I used MS Paint, so if you can't read the text too well it says this: Quizbowl (next line) "Ghostride the Whip!" (next lines) Generously Supported by The Charles Center for Interdisciplinary and Honors Studies. After sending it out a flurry of emails came back across the group email list, causes a couple of less active members to insist their emails be removed (hey, at least I got their attention). Anyway, I found the discussion hilarious, here's how it's gone so far (each name and colon indicates an email):

Misha: I can't read the text

Rhyanne: can we have a hot pink t shirt with a picture of paris hilton on the front saying " omg wm quizbowl is like hott sex"
yeah i like that idea

Misha: Ok, so now I used the magnifier on my computer and read it. BOO I don't like the text. It should be something funny anyone who saw it outside WM would get. And it should be green or gold so it can double as WM colors. Too many teams have basic tshirts with that same WM emblem on it. But I do like the feathers.

Rhyanne, I don't know what to say. Pink? Paris Hilton? Good god! Oh,
and Minneapolis will probably be warm by mid April. [Note: he's from the Twin Cities]

Misha: Here's one idea of mine, it definately could use a better phrase on it, but the colors work well, I think.

[Note: it reads "Yeah, we've got feathers!"]

Mohammad: How about we set up a contest?

Ben: Still think we should go the sweatband route. Also, Misha, could that sentence be any lamer? At least you know it though. If I were to pick a line/quizbowl joke it'd be, "Betta Recognize" playing off the fact that you're supposed to be recognized to speak. Also Matt, if we do yours, it'd have to be "Ghost ride da whip (Accept Word Forms)".
Ben

Misha: Oh come on Benjamin, it could be much worse. But you are right, it is fairly lame. I don't think ghost riding would make too much sense,
perhaps something like "Masters of the Neg" or.... well, that's all I
can think up this moment. But I still don't get "Ghost Riding the
Whip," what, is it a movie reference? 'Cause that would be lame. I
still argue for a yellow or dark green shirt, but I think sweatbands
would be cool as well. I know they sell them at the Campus shop for
about $8/piece, but they're kinda a dark blue color. If that site makes
them, we could go that route.

So I do not object to sweatbands, but I do think that if we went that
route or with Tshirts we should get them in school colors.

Other Ben who's less involved w/ the club: can you guys take me off the mail list?

Rhyanne: no the tshirts have to be hott pink.
the end.
Sean and I officially voted ourselves t shirt committee in the beginning of the year so yeah. We get to decide. Yeah. Motherfucker.

[the usual] Ben: First of all, my name isn't Benjamin. Its Ben-Alexander bitch (I know you are going to use this as evidence that I'm canadian somehow). Second of all, come on Misha, you're an intelligent man. I had never heard Ghost Ride the Whip before matt started saying it constantly either but if you read the quiz bowl question for it that he sent you can figure out that it means to hop out of your car while its still rolling and dance on the hood. Because no one is driving you are "ghost riding" your whip (i.e. car).

-the end (so far...)-

I can't wait to see the reactions in practice today. :lol:
Last edited by Zip Zap Rap Pants on Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Time Keeper
Auron

Post by The Time Keeper »

ghost ride the whip more like chuck norris the all your base am i rite????

Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

Zip Zap Rap Pants
Yuna

Notice the awesome edit. My vote's for Can You Believe It as of now. Anyone know who produced those Ice Cube songs? I don't have the CD with me...

Oh and only the original Who Want a Problem was a single I believe, but it came out so long before the album they did a remix for the cd, and it's the same beat as the remix.

Hustlers I don't think is officially a single yet, but it's supposed to be once Game and Nas shoot videos for it and Why You Hate the Game.

Anyway, that's my random contribution to society for today.
DumbJaques
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by DumbJaques »

matt I lost your cd in chicago plz bring another to sectionals
Zip Zap Rap Pants
Yuna

mos def Chris, the track listing might not be 100% complete but it'll be close.

btw just realized i can't edit polls, but the Ice Cube producers were Budda for Chrome and Paint, and Scott Storch for Why We Thugs. I should have added Go To Church by Cube, produced by Lil Jon, and I'm Black by Styles, produced by Alchemist, since those two were also singles.
Zip Zap Rap Pants
Yuna

By the way, just as a personal announcement, today we practiced with a wild mouse running around our room (no joke), and didn't even pay attention to it, cuz we're hardcore like that yo.
Matt Morrison, William & Mary '10, Tour Guide &c., MA in History '12?

"All the cool people eat mangoes while they smoke blunts and do cannonballs off a trampoline into my hot tub..."
-Matt Weiner

“In beer there is strength,
In wine is wisdom,
In water is germs.”
-Unknown

new email: mpmorr at email dot wm dot edu
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

You did not put up 100 points per game while the mouse was running, ergo I am not impressed.
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
Zip Zap Rap Pants
Yuna

Matt Morrison, William & Mary '10, Tour Guide &c., MA in History '12?

"All the cool people eat mangoes while they smoke blunts and do cannonballs off a trampoline into my hot tub..."
-Matt Weiner

“In beer there is strength,
In wine is wisdom,
In water is germs.”
-Unknown

new email: mpmorr at email dot wm dot edu