Announcement: Great Lakes TRASH Regional at Brock University

Old college threads.
Andy Saunders
Lulu

Announcement: Great Lakes TRASH Regional at Brock University

Post by Andy Saunders »

I would like to apologize to all involved for the lateness of this announcement; a recent cycling accident put a wrench into a number of things in my life.

Without any further ado,

Brock Trivia is proud to announce that it will be hosting the Great Lakes TRASH Regional at Brock University's St. Catharines campus on Saturday, November 11, 2006.

FORMAT

The format will depend on the number of teams participating; however, it will not be more than round-robin(s) with a final or pools and rebracketing (lack of tiebreakers willing). Games will be played using regular TRASH rules, including bonus lames and steals.

PRICING

Base Fee: $100
Working Buzzer: -$10 per
Competent Staffer: -$10 per
Travel Discount: -$10 for over 150 kilometers (93 miles), -$20 for over 400 kilometers (248 miles)
Never played TRASH before: $20 flat rate
Team contains someone from World Series of Pop Culture: $20 flat rate.
Minimum fee per team: $40 (unless under "newbie" or "WSOPC" rate)

Canadian currency will be accepted on par with American currency.

CONTACT

Your Tournament Director will be yours truly, Andy Saunders (two fractured elbows and all). Please contact me via email at andy [at] andysthoughts [dot] com if you are planning on attending. Please send me the usual info (school/team name, # of teams/buzzer/staff, contact details) ASAP so I can ensure we have enough rooms, staff, and equipment.

Periodic further announcements with field updates and logistical details will be forthcoming. In the meantime, please contact me at the above address with any questions or concerns. Thanks!

Those teams that have already contacted me, I thank you -- I will respond to your concerns (re: hotels and the like) by Monday, October 9th.

Andy Saunders
On behalf of Brock Trivia
[email protected]
Andy Saunders
Lulu

Field Update: Great Lakes TRASH Regionals @ Brock (11/11/06)

Post by Andy Saunders »

Greetings all,

The following teams have registered for TRASH Regionals at Brock University on November 11, 2006:

Michigan alumni
Wayne The Main Brain (Dan Blake et al)
University of Western Ontario
University of Pittsburgh (2 to 4 teams)
Brock University (1 to 2 house teams)

I’ve yet to hear from the University of Rochester, though I have heard that you are in fact putting an entry in. Please let me know.

I’ve also had some questions regarding the “newbie rateâ€
Andy Saunders
Lulu

Field & Pricing Update

Post by Andy Saunders »

Here’s who we have coming to Brock so far on November 11th:

Michigan alumni (1 team)
Wayne The Main Brain (1 team)
University of Western Ontario (1 team)
University of Pittsburgh (2-4 teams)
University of Rochester (2-3 teams)
University of Toronto (2-3 teams)
Case Western Reserve University (2 teams)
Brock University (1-2 house teams)

As I mistakenly omitted this from my announcement, I would like to announce the following change in our pricing structure:

- A 2nd entry from a school has a base fee of $80.
- A 3rd (or subsequent) entry from a school has a base fee of $60.

We do still have plenty of room for more teams in case others are interested in attending. Please let me know at [email protected] as soon as possible if you wish to attend. Thanks!
Andy Saunders
Lulu

Post by Andy Saunders »

We currently have 18 teams confirmed for the 2006 Great Lakes TRASH Regionals at Brock University on November 11th:

University of Pittsburgh x 5
University of Rochester x 3
University of Toronto x 2
Case Western Reserve University x 2
Googling Lezebians (Carnegie Mellon)
Star Whores: Attack of the Clap (Michigan alum)
Wayne the Main Brain (Dan Blake et al)
Rochester Athletic Club (George Flevares et al)
Robert Schmidt et al
Sarah Lowden et al

Despite the seemingly large field at the moment, we do still have room in the tournament for your entry if you have yet to let us know that you are coming. However, we are in need of moderators at the moment, and would likely need to see an extra buzzer system in conjunction with a new entry.

In fact, due to the lack of moderators that teams are bringing at the moment, they will now be discounted at $20 per moderator.

I also have a couple of Free Agents if your team is looking for an extra player or two.

To enter, or if you have any questions, you may continue to contact me at [email protected]. See you on the 11th!

Andy Saunders
President, Brock Trivia
[email protected]
Andy Saunders
Lulu

RESULTS: 2006 Great Lakes TRASH Regionals

Post by Andy Saunders »

Congratulations to World’s Smallest Cutest Yak (University of Pittsburgh), who defeated a field of 19 teams at Brock University to win the 2006 Great Lakes TRASH Regional title, going a perfect 12-0 in the process (5-0 in the final playoff bracket). Second place went to Star Whores: Attack of The Clap, who went 9-3 (3-2), while 3rd place was “They Are My Breasts (7-3-1, 3-2). As with TRASHionals, only games against teams in the top playoff bracket were counted towards the final placing of top teams in Playoff Bracket A.

The tournament’s top scorer was “Diamond Joe Quimbyâ€