ANNOUCEMENT: TRASH Regionals at Univ. of Illinois

Old college threads.
dtaylor4
Auron

ANNOUCEMENT: TRASH Regionals at Univ. of Illinois

Post by dtaylor4 »

The 2006 TRASH Regionals for the Lower Midwest will be held at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on November 12, 2006.

Please note that the Illinois Open will be held the previous day, and details can be found at http://www.hsquizbowl.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3110

The format will most likely be a round robin followed by playoffs, and lames/steals will be in effect.

Fee structure:
Base fee: $100
Working buzzer system: -$5
Competent moderator (if we use him/her): -$10
Travel discount: negotiable
Minimum fee: $60

I, Donald Taylor, will be TD'ing the event. To register, or if you have questions, email me at dtaylor1987 at gmail dot com.

More details will follow within the next week.
dtaylor4
Auron

Post by dtaylor4 »

OK, I've been lazy with updating, as there hasn't been much to add.

At the moment, I've got four teams in:

Passner et al
Jastrzebski et al
Mike Keenan Employment Agency
License to IL

I'd like to see more teams come out, even though it is on a Sunday.

Again, if you'd like to register a team, or if you have any questions, drop me an email at dtaylor1987 at gmail dot com, and I'll try to respond as quickly as I can.

More information (location, possible schedule, etc.) will be posted when available.
dtaylor4
Auron

Post by dtaylor4 »

Two recent developments:

The field is now at six teams:

Passner et al. Dan Passner, Matt Weiner, Ted Stratton
Walz et al. Andy Walz, someone else
Jastrzebski et al. Stan Jastrzebski, Eric Berman, Scott Johnston, Greg Sorenson
Mike Keenan Employment Agency, LLC Mike Burger, Craig Barker, Anne Mitchell, and Joe Wright
License to IL Robert Flaxman, Colby Burnett, Alma Molino, Charlie Baumhart
Bill O’Reilly’s Tru Kultcher Wariers Brian Hight, Mark Richey, Jeremy White, ?

Another breaking development: Rom is coming! At the moment, he is a free agent, looking for a team. I would like to accomodate him, so please email me at dtaylor1987 at gmail dot com as soon as anything develops.
Rothlover
Yuna

Post by Rothlover »

For the record, our 4th is Lorin Burte. Also, that is an insanely packed field. I heard a Lafer-led Michigan team is coming, if so, that is 6 teams of upper half of TRASHionals caliber. TRASH better be ready to give out some bids to teams with .250 winning percentage. ;)
Dan Passner Brandeis '06 JTS/Columbia '11-'12 Ben Gurion University of the Negev/Columbia '12?
mrmaguda
Lulu

Post by mrmaguda »

I'm going to get slaughtered. That someone else better be good.
dtaylor4
Auron

Post by dtaylor4 »

I just received word that The School of Indiscriminate Grappling (Geoff Zmyslowski, Steve Traicoff, Rob Long, Matt Lafer) will be in attendance, moving the field to seven teams, with the possibility of a house team rounding out the field.

Passner, your 4th is so noted.
dtaylor4
Auron

Post by dtaylor4 »

For those not registered:

I will be officially closing the field Friday at midnight, so if you want in, email me by then.
dtaylor4
Auron

Post by dtaylor4 »

Seven teams and a house team competed at the Lower Midwest TRASH Regionals today, and after 10 rounds, there was no clear winner. In the advantaged final, Mike Keenan's Employment Agency, LLC (Mike Burger, Craig Barker, Anne Mitchell, and Joe Wright) came back to defeat Lords of Alacrity (Stan Jastrzebski, Eric Berman, Scott Johnston, Greg Sorenson) in the first game to take the championship.

The top three individuals were Craig Barker (MKEA), Andy Walz (Walz et al.) and Greg Sorenson (LoA), with the neg prize going to Colby Burnett (License to IL).

Thanks to my fellow teammates Steven Canning, Sulee Cao, Alan Cherney, John Dolan, Chang Meng, James Sanner, as well as guest moderators Kevin Olmstead, Roger Cheng, and Eric Kwartler.

Full stats will be up in the near future.
dtaylor4
Auron

Post by dtaylor4 »

First:

My dearest apologies go out to Bill O'Reilly's Tru Kultchur Wariers (Brian Hight, Mark Richey, Jeremy White), as due to the statistical tiebreakers, they should have played the final instead of Lords of Alacrity. I miscalculated and didn't wait for the stats to be entered.

Second:

Full stats, not including final, are up here: https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ro/www/Academ ... dings.html
fizzball
Wakka

Post by fizzball »

It's a good thing we didn't throw things off even more with an upset. Also, in a late roster move, the Scott on our team ended up being Chupack, not Johnston.

Except for getting conflicting information on where we were supposed to be a few times throughout the day, things ran pretty smoothly. Thanks for hosting, and thanks to those who came out to create one of the densest fields I've seen.
cdbarker
Lulu

Post by cdbarker »

I'd just like to second Greg's comments and add a special thanks to all of the moderators and scorekeepers who volunteered.