Cardinal Classic XVI at UCLA: 6/24/06

Old college threads.
canaanbananarama
Wakka

Cardinal Classic XVI at UCLA: 6/24/06

Post by canaanbananarama »

The UCLA College Bowl Club is pleased to announce Cardinal Classic XVI: Fugitive from the Stanford Campus Police on June 24, 2006. This tournament will be a mirror of the tournament held in Pittsburgh under the auspices of former Berkeley quiz bowl player Jerry Vinokurov. N.B. Though we're calling this Cardinal Classic, this will not be held at Stanford. It will be held at UCLA. Since Cardinal Classic hadn't been held this year, we took the liberty of furthering its flight from Palo Alto, a trend begun last year for Cardinal Classic XV at Berkeley. We look forward to UCSD's Mountain Dew-frenzied turn next year in the series of rotating Cardinal Classic hosts.

Eligibility: Any player is welcome to attend the tournament, be they long removed from college, a college student, or even a high schooler. Note that this is a college tournament aimed at a level of difficulty slightly easier than ACF Regionals, but it might be an interesting first taste of the college game for graduating high school seniors. If you do not have a team, please e-mail me (Charles Meigs), and I should be able to hook you up with other free agents.

Packet Submission: Packet submission for this tournament is highly encouraged. (For details, see http://www.hsquizbowl.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2720, and e-mail packets to Jerry Vinokurov.) It is not required that a team submit a packet, but there is a substantial discount for doing so.

Fee structure:
Base fee: $70
Packet in by June 18: -$30
Packet in after June 18: -$10
Half packet in by June 18: -$15
Half packet in after June 18: -$5
Buzzer system: -$5
Moderator: -$10

Further details such as locations, exact times will be sent in the future.

Field:
UC-Irvine (1)
Stanford (1)
Noah & Friends (1)
UCLA (2?)
Berkeley (1)

Register by sending an e-mail to me at [email protected]. Also, even if I have you on the field, let me know ASAP whether you plan on sending a packet or bringing a moderator and such.

Thanks,
Charles Meigs
TD, Cardinal Classic XVI