Player movement thread

Old college threads.
grapesmoker
Sin

Player movement thread

Post by grapesmoker »

I'm disappointed that one of these has not been made now that the "regular season" is over. Who's graduating, who's moving schools? Inquiring minds want to know.
Jerry Vinokurov
ex-LJHS, ex-Berkeley, ex-Brown, sorta-ex-CMU
presently: John Jay College Economics
code ape, loud voice, general nuissance
MiltonPlayer47
Wakka

Post by MiltonPlayer47 »

I'm not that good of a player, but I am leaving FSU. I am most likely going to take classes at GA Perimeter in the Fall and then transfer to UGA in the Spring.
Steven Hanley
FSU (2004-2006)
UGA (2007-2009)
yoda4554
Rikku

Post by yoda4554 »

The Williams team is more or less breaking up. Klein's going to hang out in the real world for a little while. Hirshman's going to the Comp Sci department at CMU, and may or may not play a bit there. I'm going to Temple for a couple years, which doesn't have a team as far as I understand, and there's only about a 40% chance I'd start one (though I might drop into some tournaments solo or as a free agent from time to time). In addition, Chris Paci's going to be in Russia next year and Mathias is going to Italy for the spring, so I doubt they'll make much of a run at defending our UG title at NAQT, unless Zach has lots more of those 2-6-0 games.
Susan
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Susan »

Chicago loses Pericles Abbasi to the real world, and we all weep bitter tears of dismay.
suds1000
Wakka

Post by suds1000 »

I'm starting medical school at Michigan State this July, and I won't be playing for them at any tournaments (which isn't relevant, because I don't think they go to tournaments, except for CBI, which doesn't count), but maybe I'll feed my addiction by crashing their practices every once in a while. I might play MLK next year too, depending on format/my schedule, but that remains to be seen.

--Sudheer
Last edited by suds1000 on Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QuizBowlRonin
Wakka

Post by QuizBowlRonin »

suds1000 wrote:I'm starting medical school at Michigan State this July, and I won't be playing for them at any tournaments (I don't think they go to tournaments, except for CBI, which doesn't count), but maybe I'll feed my addiction by crashing their practices every once in a while. I might play MLK next year too, depending on format/my schedule, but that remains to be seen.

--Sudheer
Good luck, Suds.
Jason Paik
retired

WashU, UAB, Stanford
Skepticism and Animal Feed
Auron

Post by Skepticism and Animal Feed »

I distinctly remember Michigan State openly challenging Michigan to a series of mini-tournaments last year on the Yahoo group, so I'm not sure they stick to just CBI.
dtaylor4
Auron

Post by dtaylor4 »

I remember them from TTGT11 up at U of Iowa. They didn't do that well, but they were there.
mrmaguda
Lulu

Post by mrmaguda »

I'm leaving Tulsa for Saint Louis University. I don't plan on participating in any academic tournaments but I plan on staying active in TRASH (my TRASH alias is Jose Cuervo) for at least the next three years. I'm unsure as of yet if I'm going to stick with my old team, become a free agent, or start my own team. It'll likely depend on where TRASH regionals is.
miamiqb
Lulu

Post by miamiqb »

Though I guess I am a virtual unknown living basically in Cuba, I will be attending medical school next year at UM and ending my brief college career. However, I will continue to keep up with the game (writing questions, looking at packets) and eventually I hope to play somewhere while completing a potential masters in public health.
I like to eat peanut butter
Aaron Kashtan
Lulu

Post by Aaron Kashtan »

I'm moving from Dartmouth to the University of Florida, and I intend to continue playing.
Jeremy Gibbs Paradox
Rikku

Post by Jeremy Gibbs Paradox »

mrmaguda wrote:I'm leaving Tulsa for Saint Louis University. I don't plan on participating in any academic tournaments but I plan on staying active in TRASH (my TRASH alias is Jose Cuervo) for at least the next three years. I'm unsure as of yet if I'm going to stick with my old team, become a free agent, or start my own team. It'll likely depend on where TRASH regionals is.
Welcome to SLU. What are you going there for?
jackflaps
Kimahri

Post by jackflaps »

Okay, I'll bite.

I'm effectively retired apart from the odd open tournament, North Carolina having declared me to be a librarian. I hope they don't have too much trouble replacing the geography and other quiz bowl marginalia in which I specialize.