Possible delayed mirror of William Wirt at Vanderbilt

Old college threads.
vandyhawk
Tidus

Possible delayed mirror of William Wirt at Vanderbilt

Post by vandyhawk »

I want to see if there would be sufficient interest in a delayed mirror of Maryland's William Wirt tournament at Vanderbilt on March 25, since that's about the only day we could do it I think. The targeted difficulty is around NAQT SCT. If you think you would attend, post here or email me at matt.keller at vanderbilt.edu. Try to let us know kind of quick since we need to make a decision about this pretty soon. Thanks.
ASimPerson
Rikku

Post by ASimPerson »

We may be interested, though that Saturday is the Saturday at the tail end of our spring break. How soon is "pretty soon"?
Nick Bendler, Georgia Tech '06
Moderator emeritus
Red-necked Phalarope
Rikku

Post by Red-necked Phalarope »

UNC is currently planning a mirror/packet swap of BUTT/Aztlan Cup (which we should be making an official announcement for in the next day or two) for the same day, but I think we're far enough away from each other that we shouldn't be dipping into each other's pool of prospective teams too much.
barnacles
Lulu

Post by barnacles »

I imagine, preliminarily, that UTC would be up for another tournament. Unless we're too busy sucking money from the circuit.
MCDoug
Lulu

Post by MCDoug »

UF will be busy sucking money from the circuit that weekend, as that is the weekend of our high school NAQT state championship. So that would rule us out.
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

Florida State (or at least, Billy Beyer representing FSU) would go. Who else has emailed you expressing interest? I'd hope Kentucky and Louisville (among others) would be on that list.

Billy
barnacles
Lulu

Post by barnacles »

It'd also be nice to see a team or two from UT. It might also be a good idea to talk to some of the Alabama CC teams.
vandyhawk
Tidus

Post by vandyhawk »

It looks like this event will happen. We'll probably get an announcement together at practice tonight and post it soon. I also think UNC is far enough away that few, if any, teams will really even have to consider which one to attend.