2020 Spring Undergraduate Novice (SUN) @IQAT (11/22/2020)

Old college threads.
tiwonge
Yuna

2020 Spring Undergraduate Novice (SUN) @IQAT (11/22/2020)

Post by tiwonge »

Idaho Quiz & Academic Teams will be sponsoring a mirror of SUN for the northwest and California circuits. This will will be held on (Sunday) Nov. 22, 2020, the Sunday before Thanksgiving. More details about the set can be found at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23049.

Logistics
We will hold this tournament over Discord, and will start with a tournament meeting at 9:30 AM Mountain time (8:30 AM Pacific time).

Eligibility
This tournament is intended for novice players. My intent is to give players who are new to quizbowl more experience with tournaments. Any freshman or sophomore who didn't play pyramidal quiz bowl in high school is welcome to play, as is any player who has never scored 25 ppg in a college game. If you have borderline players, please ask, but I'll probably lean towards giving new players the experience of playing.

This mirror of the tournament is intended for the northwest, Rocky Mountain and California circuits.

Fees
$60/team

Registration
E-mail me at [email protected] with the number of teams.

Field
Berkeley
BSU
Caltech (x2)
Colorado
Stanford
UCLA
UCSD
UW (x2)
Last edited by tiwonge on Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colin McNamara, Boise State University
Member, PACE
Idaho Quiz & Academic Teams
tiwonge
Yuna

Re: 2020 Spring Undergraduate Novice (SUN) @IQAT (11/22/2020)

Post by tiwonge »

Congratulations to UCLA who went undefeated at 9-0 to win the tournament!

Shreyank from UCLA edged out Charlie from UC Boulder for the top scorer, 78.89ppg to 75.56ppg.

Full stats are here:
https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/6670/stats/stats/

Thanks to all the teams for coming, and especially to the staffers who gave up a good part of today to read or keep score for this tournament!
Colin McNamara, Boise State University
Member, PACE
Idaho Quiz & Academic Teams