IO Saturnalia Southeast Mirror @ Discord (11/21/2020)

Old college threads.
ramblinwreck
Lulu

IO Saturnalia Southeast Mirror @ Discord (11/21/2020)

Post by ramblinwreck »

This is an announcement for the Southeast (defined as KY, TN, SC, GA, AL, MS, and FL) mirror of IO Saturnalia, an easy college set. More information on the set can be found here.

Eligibility:
This tournament is for teams of eligible players representing a single college/university. Mixed/open teams and high school teams are not allowed. Eligibility will begin with the ACF eligibility rules. If you believe that you should be granted an eligibility exception, please contact me at [email protected]. Also email me if you are interested in playing from out of region.

Field Size:
There will be a temporary field cap of 12 teams, but can expand based on interest/staff availability. If you are interested in staffing, please email me at [email protected]. Staffers will be paid at a rate of $30 for the day in the case they are needed.

To register for this event, please email [email protected] with the number of teams you are bringing and update me with the rosters as you have them.

Fees:
The fee for this tournament will be $90. We prefer this fee to be paid through Venmo or PayPal, but are accommodating of other payment types that may be mandated by schools or other circumstances. There is also a $20 new to quiz bowl discount for colleges that did not send a team to any regular collegiate academic tournament (exclusively Novice tournaments do not count) since September 2019, and have no one on the team(s) claiming this discount who played those tournaments for another school. Invoices will be sent out around a week before the tournament.

Technology:
This tournament will be played on Discord and is camera-mandatory. If you would like to request a camera exception for yourself or someone on your team, please email me with reasoning at [email protected]

Code of Conduct:
A code of conduct will be sent out prior to the start of the tournament. Those who do not agree with the code of conduct will not be permitted to play.

Logistics:
This tournament will begin at 9 AM Eastern Time. Please be on the server at 8:30; a link for the discord server the tournament will be taking place on will be sent to the contact email provided the week before.

Field:
New College of Florida (1)
Auburn (1)
Georgia Tech (1)
WUSTL (3)
Illinois (1)
Alabama (2)
Georgia (1)
South Carolina (2?)
Last edited by ramblinwreck on Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:20 am, edited 6 times in total.
Tejas Santanam
The Early College at Guilford '18
Georgia Tech ‘21, ‘22
PACE
ramblinwreck
Lulu

Re: IO Saturnalia Southeast Mirror @ Discord (11/21/2020)

Post by ramblinwreck »

There are still ample spots left in the field, so please sign up!
Tejas Santanam
Georgia Tech ‘21, ‘22
PACE
ramblinwreck
Lulu

Post by ramblinwreck »

The field is now closed; further signups will be added to a waitlist.
Tejas Santanam
Georgia Tech ‘21, ‘22
PACE
ramblinwreck
Lulu

Post by ramblinwreck »

South Carolina defeated Illinois 290-245 in a one game final to take the title.
Congratulations to all teams that played!
Thanks to all staffers as well who made this possible.
Tejas Santanam
Georgia Tech ‘21, ‘22
PACE