IKEA Midwest (MN, WI, IL, IN, MI, OH) Mirror - December 5th

Old college threads.
Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!!
Rikku

IKEA Midwest (MN, WI, IL, IN, MI, OH) Mirror - December 5th

Post by Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!! »

Hello all! I hope everyone is staying happy and healthy the best they can during these crazy times!

On behalf of Iowa Quiz Bowl, I am happy to announce that we will be hosting Columbia and Georgia Tech's medium difficulty college set IKEA on December 5th, 2020 on an online Discord server. More information about the set can be found on this main post.

Registration and Logistics

To register for this tournament, please email me at [email protected] with the tagline "IKEA Registration" and include your number of teams and contact information. Also, please fill out this registration form.

We will be starting the tournament promptly at 9:00 AM CT. I will be actively in making sure people are on the server before this time, but please make sure you're able to see the server by 8:30 that morning. I'll have a staffer meeting at 8:30 which will lead into the general meeting. More details will be added here and emailed to teams as the date approaches.

Tournaments Fees:

$90 per team.

Staffing

If you are interested in being a staffer or bringing one with your team, please email me and give me your contact information. I'll meet with you before the tournament to test your audio quality.

Please let me know if you have questions! Thank you!
Ganon Evans
Misconduct Representative
ACF President, PACE VP of Editing, MOQBA
Francis Howell High School 2018, University of Iowa 2021
Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!!
Rikku

Re: IKEA Midwest (MN, WI, IL, IN, MI, OH) Mirror - December 5th

Current Field [18/18]:
Northwestern [3]
Illinois [2]
Northern Michigan University [1]
Ohio State [2]
Michigan State [1]
Michigan [1]
Auburn [1]
Indiana [1]
Yale [1]
Carleton [1]
DePaul [1]
Case Western Reserve [1]
Wisconsin [2]
Last edited by Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!! on Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ganon Evans
naan/steak-holding toll
Auron

Post by naan/steak-holding toll »

After private discussions with representatives of the Iowa and Michigan teams, the editors of IKEA have decided to ban Tuhin Chakraborty from participating in all IKEA mirrors at the request of the latter. Given Tuhin's actions, both at tournaments and in other quizbowl contexts, as well as the circumstances of the Michigan club's leadership, we feel this action is necessary to ensure that IKEA tournaments have the environment we seek to create.
Will Alston
Dartmouth College '16
Columbia Business School '21
Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!!
Rikku

A tremendous thank you to all of the teams for coming out yesterday for an incredibly fun tournament! Thank you to Greg Peterson, Tony Cosimini, Carson Melinder, Rachel Mattson, Andy Swiston, Nathan Clack, Ben Dahl, Sam Stahler, Robert Holeman, and Trevor Nigus for staffing yesterday and making our tournament finish on time! Thank you the IKEA editors for letting us the set!

Ohio State A managed to defeat Illinois A in a one game final to win our tournament! Final stats can be found here.
Ganon Evans