LIT College Mirror @ UIUC (11/14/2020)

Old college threads.
Iain.Carpenter
Lulu

LIT College Mirror @ UIUC (11/14/2020)

Post by Iain.Carpenter »

Hello everyone, I hope ya'll are staying safe. UIUC is excited to announce that we will be hosting an online mirror of Longhorn Invitation Tournament (LIT) on November 14th, 2020 with me, Iain Carpenter serving as TD. More information on the set is available with this link.

Eligibility
- This regional tournament is for "Upper Midwest" teams meaning teams from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio.
- If you are from a state not listed but still want to play this particular mirror, please reach out to the LIT editors for a possible exception.
- This mirror is college closed, meaning teams must be composed of players from the same school. No chimera teams will be allowed to play.
- Closed high school teams may play this tournament, though we encourage you to play our high school mirror which will be held on October 24th.
- Any players that satisfy the current ACF rules are eligible to play this mirror. The current ACF rules can be found here https://acf-quizbowl.com/eligibility-rules/
- Given that this set was postponed from Spring 2020, the set editors are allowing collegiate players to play for institutions they were affiliated with as of March 1, 2020. This exception is only applicable for recent college graduates. Incoming college freshmen must play with their current school.

Gameplay
- Tournament will begin at 9 am CST on Discord.
- There is an initial cap of 16 teams, but that is subject to change depending on interest and number of staffers.
- Max of 6 players per team, with only 4 playing at a time.
- Teams consisting of less than 4 players are allowed to play.
- Tournament will follow the ACF rules with the exception of 7 seconds answer time to allow for any internet or typing lags.
- Players are encouraged to use voice to answer, but it is not required.
- Players are also encouraged to use a webcam if they are able to, but it is not one hundred percent required if the player is not able to.
- There will be a 45 minute to 1 hour lunch break in between prelims and playoffs.

Registration
- To register, please email me, Iain Carpenter at [email protected] with the subject line "College LIT Registration" and include your school name, the number of teams you intend to bring, and if you intend to provide any staffers.

Fees and Payment
Base fee - $90 per team
Provided staff discount - $10 off total for every EXPERIENCED staffer that is provided for the entirety of the tournament. Staffers must be able to read a full packet in under 30-45 minutes and be familiar with scorekeeping.
New to quiz bowl discount - $20 off total for “schools that did not send a team to any regular collegiate academic tournament (not counting exclusively novice tournaments) since September 2019, and which have no players who competed in non-novice collegiate tournaments during that same period.” - ACF Fall Criteria
Minimum fee - $60 per team

After your registration is received, you will receive an email confirmation of your registration and an invoice summarizing the fees you owe. We can accept either check or Venmo.

Code of Conduct
All players are expected to adhere to the code of conduct that is provided in the main LIT thread which is linked above. The code of conduct will be sent to all registered teams before the tournament as well as be posted in the Discord server.

Outside staffers
Staffers not associated with a team playing this tournament will be paid $20 USD. To sign up to staff, please email me at the email listed above.
Last edited by Iain.Carpenter on Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iain Carpenter
Mahomet-Seymour High School (2013-2017)
UIUC (2017-2021)
Iain.Carpenter
Lulu

Re: LIT College Mirror @ UIUC (10/10/2020)

Post by Iain.Carpenter »

We have decided to move this tournament back to November 14th to give teams more to sign up, to give us more time to prepare for the tournament, and to prevent overlap with SUN at MSU. Sorry if this inconveniences any team. If you've already emailed me to register for the October 10th date, please email me again so that I know you're still available.
Iain Carpenter
Mahomet-Seymour High School (2013-2017)
UIUC (2017-2021)
thebluehawk1
Lulu

Re: LIT College Mirror @ UIUC (11/14/2020)

Post by thebluehawk1 »

Is there a field update for this tournament?
Justin Hawkins
John Carroll HS '15
University of Maryland '19
Indiana University '24 (at best)
Iain.Carpenter
Lulu

Re: LIT College Mirror @ UIUC (11/14/2020)

Post by Iain.Carpenter »

Here is the current field. (10/16)
OSU A
OSU B
Indiana A
Lake Land A
Michigan A
Wayzata
Minnesota
Chicago A
Chicago B
Mounds View