[CANCELLED] FLopen 2020 Southeast Regional Online Mirror (11/14/20)

Old college threads.
wjg
Lulu

[CANCELLED] FLopen 2020 Southeast Regional Online Mirror (11/14/20)

Post by wjg »

I am pleased to announce that the University of Florida will be hosting the Fall 2020 Southeast regional online mirror of FLopen 2020 on Saturday, November 14th, 2020. The main link to this set with information of distribution, difficulty, and other pertinent details can be found at: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23813

Per the geographic boundaries established by the editors, teams comprised of players from academic institutions located in KY, TN, SC, NC, GA, AL, MS, and FL will be allowed to participate. If your institution is outside of those geographic boundaries but you would still like to participate, please reach out to me via email at [email protected] and we can discuss your situation. Since this is an open tournament, and thus players who are not currently enrolled at any academic institution are also allowed to play, we ask that open players only sign up for this mirror if they normally would participate in the in-person Southeast site of an open tournament of comparable difficulty under normal circumstances. Players in a region without a regional mirror or acceptable substitute (if any) or players seeking the highest possible level of competition are encouraged to play the completely open "Main site," which can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24378

The tournament will take place on either Zoom or Discord (TBD soon), with start time TBD. The use of a webcam will be required for this tournament, however, if you do not have access to a webcam but still wish to participate, or have other concerns about you personally using a webcam, please reach out to me via email ([email protected]) explaining your situation, and exceptions can be made.

Eligibility
This is a regional open tournament, so teams may be comprised of any players who meet the aforementioned geographic boundaries, regardless of affiliation with any academic institution.

Rules
This tournament will have a Code of Conduct that will be sent to all registered and interested teams well in advance of the tournament.
This tournament will follow ACF gameplay rules, with the exception of allowing 7 seconds for conferral on bonuses to accommodate the online format.

Registration
A team formation and free agent spreadsheet is available here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Please note that in order to register, you must both enter your team on the free agent spreadsheet and me at [email protected] with the number of teams, the rosters of said teams, and the number of staffers you will provide (if any).

The field cap is tentatively set at 16, after which teams will be placed on a waitlist. There is room for expansion depending on interest and the number of available staffers. Please register by November 7th, 2020 at the latest.

Fees
Base fee: $90 per team
–$10 per staffer working the entirety of the tournament

Fees are preferably paid by Venmo. If you do not have access to Venmo, please reach out to me and we can find an alternative option.

We look forward to seeing you all virtually on November 14th, 2020!
Last edited by wjg on Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will (he/him/his)
Florida
TaylorH
Wakka

Re: FLopen 2020 Southeast Regional Online Mirror (11/14/20)

Post by TaylorH »

I'd like to encourage teams planning on playing this tournament to sign up soon. We currently only have one team signed up, and I'm not sure if its worth holding this mirror unless we can get at least 6 teams. It might also be possible to merge this mirror with the Mid Atlantic mirror if there just isn't enough interest from the southeast.
Taylor Harvey (he/him)
ACF
University of Florida B.S. Nuclear Engineering '17
University of Florida Ph.D. Nuclear Engineering '21
2021 ACF Nationals Champion
TaylorH
Wakka

Re: FLopen 2020 Southeast Regional Online Mirror (11/14/20)

Post by TaylorH »

This mirror has been cancelled due to lack of interest. Teams that were planning on playing this mirror are encouraged to play the Mid Atlantic Regional mirror, or any other future mirrors that may be hosted.
Taylor Harvey (he/him)
ACF
University of Florida B.S. Nuclear Engineering '17
University of Florida Ph.D. Nuclear Engineering '21
2021 ACF Nationals Champion