LIT Southeast Mirror @ Discord (10/3/2020)

Old college threads.
wjg
Lulu

LIT Southeast Mirror @ Discord (10/3/2020)

Post by wjg »

I am pleased to announce that the University of Florida will be hosting the Fall 2020 Southeast regional online mirror of Longhorn Invitational Tournament (LIT) 2020 on Saturday, October 3rd, 2020. The main link to this set with information of distribution, difficulty, and other pertinent details can be found at: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22780

Per the geographic boundaries established, teams from KY, TN, SC, GA, AL, MS, and FL will be allowed to participate. If your institution is outside of those geographic boundaries but you would still like to participate, please reach out to me and the LIT editors via email and we can discuss your situation.

The tournament will take place on Discord, with start time TBD. The use of a webcam will be required for this tournament, however, if you do not have access to a webcam but still wish to participate, or have other concerns about you personally using a webcam, please reach out to me via email ([email protected]) explaining your situation, and exceptions can be made. I, William Grossman, will be serving as the tournament director. Please direct any questions about this mirror to me at [email protected]

Eligibility
This will be a closed tournament. Teams must be comprised entirely of players enrolled at the same institution, with the exception that, given that LIT has been postponed from spring 2020, the set editors are allowing collegiate players to play for schools with which they were affiliated as of March 1, 2020. Players who have graduated since then and enrolled in a program at a different institution may choose to play for their previous or for their current affiliation. (This policy does not apply for new undergraduate freshman, who may not play this mirror with a closed high school team.) Colleges and community colleges are eligible to play this mirror.

Rules
This tournament will have a Code of Conduct that will be sent to all registered and interested teams well in advance of the tournament. The code of conduct for the set can also be found in the main thread linked earlier in this post. All participants must agree to adhere to the Code of Conduct in order to participate in the tournament.
This tournament will follow ACF gameplay rules, with the exception of allowing 7 seconds for conferral on bonuses to accommodate the online format.

Registration
Please email me at [email protected] with the number of teams, the rosters of said teams, and the number of staffers you will provide (if any).

The field cap is tentatively set at 16, after which teams will be placed on a waitlist. There is room for expansion depending on interest and the number of available staffers. Please register by September 26th at the latest.

Fees
Base fee: $90
Staffers: –$10 per staffer working the entirety of the tournament
-$10 for colleges that did not attend a collegiate tournament outside of NAQT Collegiate Novice, ACF Fall and NAQT SCT DII in the last academic year (i.e. September 2019 – May 2020)

Fees are preferably paid by Venmo. If you do not have access to Venmo, please reach out to me and we can find an alternative option.

We look forward to seeing you all virtually on October 3rd, 2020!

Field as of 9/16 (teams/staff):
UF (3/many)
Auburn (2/TBD)
Columbia State (1/0)
UNF (1/0)
UCF (1/TBD)
Jefferson (1/1)
Georgia Tech (2/0)
UGA (2/0-1)
Vanderbilt (3/0)
Last edited by wjg on Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Will (he/him/his)
Florida
Mahavishnu
Lulu

Re: LIT Southeast Mirror @ Discord (10/3/2020)

Post by Mahavishnu »

can i get a field update pls
Tracy Mirkin
South Fork '17
Florida '22
wjg
Lulu

Post by wjg »

Mahavishnu wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:46 am can i get a field update pls
As of the present date, no teams have signed up for this tournament beyond a TBD number of UF house teams. However, we encourage teams to sign up as soon as possible, as the field for our SUN mirror ended up filling quite quickly.
Will (he/him/his)
Florida
wjg
Lulu

Post by wjg »

The OP has been updated with the field as of 9/14.
Will (he/him/his)
Florida
wjg
Lulu

Post by wjg »

The OP has been updated to reflect the fact that your first field cap of 16 has been reached. For now, all additional registrants will be placed on the waitlist. We are working to try to expand the field, but it would require more staff than we presently have confirmed. If you are interested in staffing this tournament, please let me know.
Will (he/him/his)
Florida
wjg
Lulu

Post by wjg »

This tournament happened, and I believe a good time was had by all. Congratulations to Georgia Tech A (Tejas Santanam, Sohum Shenoy, Rishi Banerjee, Sarah Mueller), who won the tournament after defeating Vanderbilt B in a one game final. A special thank you goes out to Anthony Delgado, who stepped in to TD this tournament in the weeks leading up to it after I became unable to due to a variety of scheduling/personal conflicts, and did a fantastic job. Thank you as well to all of our staffers, without whom this tournament would not have been possible: Anthony Delgado, John Nienajadlo, Taylor Harvey, Jonathen Settle, Leo Law, Zachary Knecht, Nabeel Farooq, Casey Bindas, Cody Johansen, Peter Rodski, Elizabeth Turner, and Donald Webster. An additional thank you goes out to the LIT writers and editors for all their great work on the set. Stats will follow soon.
Will (he/him/his)
Florida
Bensonfan23
Wakka

Post by Bensonfan23 »

Thanks to everyone who played our southeast mirror of LIT today! We really hope you enjoyed the set, and if anyone would like to give feedback or comments, we have a private usergroup on already made on here (LIT 2020 Discussion) that you are welcomed to request to join. Thanks again to the players and staff of this LIT mirror.
Ryan Humphrey
UT Austin (Cell & Developmental PhD Program, 2018-?)
Duke University (Biology and History, Class of 2018)
George Washington High School (Charleston, WV, Class of 2014)
Former PACE Member (2017-2019)
wjg
Lulu

Post by wjg »

Will (he/him/his)
Florida