SUN at Carleton University (Ottawa, 3/14/20) [CANCELLED]

Old college threads.
Gene Harrogate
Wakka

SUN at Carleton University (Ottawa, 3/14/20) [CANCELLED]

Post by Gene Harrogate »

I'm happy to announce that there will be a mirror of Spring Undergraduate Novice March 14th, at Carleton University in Ottawa, room locations TBA, 10:00 AM start time. You can register by emailing me at henrya20 AT gmail.

This is a closed tournament, written for less-experienced collegiate players. While I am not setting hard and fast eligibility restrictions, please keep in mind this is not a tournament for players regularly among the top scorers at Canadian mirrors of ACF Fall or EFT. If you would like to attend this mirror and are not sure whether this tournament is appropriate for you, please contact me in advance at the above email address.

The field will be capped at 10 teams. We will most likely host some pop culture tournament on Sunday the 15th, possibly ACRONYM.

The base fee for this tournament is $125 CAD. Discounts are as follows:
  • -$10 for each working buzzer system
  • -$10 for each staffer with laptop
  • -$25 if your team did not attend any closed collegiate tournaments in the 2018-2019 season
  • -$10 per missing player for shorthanded teams
  • -$5 for each 100km traveled (with all due rounding)
Payment will be due from each team before the beginning of the first game. You can e-transfer me at the above email address.

I will be directing this tournament, with assistance from Carleton and McGill. Please direct any and all questions, concerns, complaints, invective, or threats to the above email address.

I look forward to seeing you all in Ottawa :party: !
Last edited by Gene Harrogate on Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henry Atkins
ex-McGill
Gene Harrogate
Wakka

Re: SUN at Carleton University (Ottawa, 3/14/20)

Post by Gene Harrogate »

Update: we will be mirroring ACRONYM Sunday 3/15. Official announcement to follow shortly.

EDIT: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23789
Henry Atkins
ex-McGill
Gene Harrogate
Wakka

Post by Gene Harrogate »

If you haven't signed up yet please so by Wednesday night. We will be meeting in Southam 313 at 9:30am. Please arrive on time or we will start without you!
Henry Atkins
ex-McGill
Gene Harrogate
Wakka

Post by Gene Harrogate »

This event has reached its maximum capacity and we will no longer be accepting sign-ups.

Given the wave of recent cancellations, I feel obliged to state that this event is still happening. We've talked it over and given that there has been very little person-to-person transmission in Canada so far and that the field for this tournament is geographically concentrated, it is our opinion that we can still responsibly mirror SUN and ACRONYM. We are taking this issue very seriously: please feel free to message me with any concerns.

I ask that any players planning on attending this mirror follow the usual precautions, including abstaining if you have recently traveled to an infected area or exhibit any symptoms of respiratory illness. Additionally, I request that teams please wash their hands frequently, preferably between every round or two.
Henry Atkins
ex-McGill
Gene Harrogate
Wakka

Post by Gene Harrogate »

Contrary to the above post, we are in fact cancelling the planned tournament tomorrow. Things change quickly, and while running the tournament this weekend seemed reasonable given the at-the-time current guidelines of the Canadian government, the current climate has changed too much in the past 24 hours. I am sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused anyone. Stay well.
Henry Atkins
ex-McGill