Early Fall Tournament (EFT) @ Auburn (10/5/19)

Old college threads.
Zealots of Stockholm
Tidus

Early Fall Tournament (EFT) @ Auburn (10/5/19)

Post by Zealots of Stockholm »

I am pleased to announce that Auburn University will be hosting the Southeast mirror of the Early Fall Tournament on Saturday, October 5, 2019. The tournament will be hosted on the Auburn University campus in the Haley Center (351 W Thach Concourse, Auburn, AL 36849). This is a closed tournament, but high schools may play. Trevor Hart will be the tournament director for this tournament.

The tournament's main announcement can be found here: https://hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22625 This tournament is medium difficulty, akin to the past three years' EFTs, and is intended to be played by college teams of all skill levels.

LOCATION, PARKING, TIME:
This tournament will take place in the Haley Center (351 W Thach Concourse, Auburn, AL 36849). The closest available parking will be the navy and pink lot marked "D" on this map https://www.al.com/resizer/9yjVgnYk4Fuu ... 8e08d9.jpg. Parking on campus is free on weekends. From there, follow Heisman Drive across from the stadium and it will take you to the Haley Center. It is very old and brick.

On the day of the tournament, teams should arrive between 8:15-8:40. We will start at 9:00.

FIELD:
For now, I'm going to cap the field for this tournament at 12 teams. I'll try my best to expand if there's more interest.

FEES:
$130 base fee
-$10 per working buzzer (max 2 per team)
PLEASE BRING YOUR BUZZERS!
-$20 per competent staffer (as determined by me)
-$10 per 200 miles traveled one way from your school to Auburn University as determined by Google Maps.

To register, please email me at [email protected] and indicate the number of teams, buzzers, and staffers you'll be bringing.

PAYMENT:
We can accept cash/checks on the day of the tournament. Please make checks out to "Auburn Quiz Bowl" and not me personally/the university.
Chandler West
Staff, Emory
Vanderbilt University '22
Auburn University '20
Good Hope High School (Cullman, AL) '16
Full Member, ACF; Member, PACE
Writer/editor, ACF, PACE, IQBT
Zealots of Stockholm
Tidus

Re: Early Fall Tournament (EFT) @ Auburn (10/5/19)

Field update (teams/buzzers/staffers):
Alabama (3/1/0)
Auburn (2/1/many)
Emory (1/0/2)
Georgia (2/2/0)
Georgia Tech (1/2/0)
Vanderbilt (3/1/0)
Last edited by Zealots of Stockholm on Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Chandler West
Staff, Emory
Auburn University '20
Zealots of Stockholm
Tidus

An update: we are nearing our field cap of 12, so get those registrations in! I expect we should be able to expand up to a final field cap of 16 teams, but I need to confirm a few additional staffers first.
Chandler West
Staff, Emory
Auburn University '20
Zealots of Stockholm
Tidus

A copy of the logistics email I just sent out:

Hello all,

If you're receiving this email, that means you've registered one or more teams to participate in EFT @ Auburn this Saturday. If that's no longer the case, or if the number of teams/buzzers/etc you're bringing has changed, please let me know ASAP.

Additionally, we will need each teams' rosters beforehand, so whenever you see this please shoot me your rosters.

Currently our field is as follows (teams/buzzers/staffers):
Alabama (2/1/0)
Auburn (2/1/many)
Emory (1/0/2)
Georgia (2/2/0)
Georgia Tech (1/2/0)
Vanderbilt (3/1/0)

With 11 teams, we'll do a round robin, followed by an advantaged final if necessary, meaning all teams will get 10 games in 11 rounds. We'll break for lunch at some point during the day, probably after round 5 or 6. We'll also have book prizes for the tournament's top scorers.

The tournament will be played in the Haley Center, the usual building if you've been to one of our tournaments before. The closest available parking will be the navy and pink lot marked "D" on this map: here. Parking on campus is free on weekends. From there, follow Heisman Drive across from the stadium and it will take you to the Haley Center. It is very old and brick.

The tournament fees are laid out in the forum post. If you're unsure what you owe, email me and I'll let you know!

Please arrive between 8:15-8:40. If a staffer is accompanying you, try to arrive by 8:30. Note that the parking deck is close to a 10 minute walk to the rooms in the Haley Center.

Finally, the opening meeting will be in Haley 3332.

Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!
Chandler West
Staff, Emory
Auburn University '20