CANONEXPANSION @ CO

Old college threads.
The Sawing-Off of Manhattan Island
Rikku

CANONEXPANSION @ CO

Post by The Sawing-Off of Manhattan Island »

Hey all,

This post is an announcement for a CO mirror of CANONEXPANSION, a fairly difficult science side event that I'll be running (you can find a better description of the set's difficulty in the announcement. ) The set is free to play. Depending on people's availability, I think this would be best run sometime Sunday after AoE and Scattergories both finish. I think it'll be best as a fairly informal shootout, either in one room or two, but if there's significant pushback teams might be doable (keeping in mind there are only 6 packets and staffing considerations.) If you're interested, please put your name down on the signup sheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Based on what shakes out, I'll have more details about this a bit closer to next weekend.
Rikku

Re: CANONEXPANSION @ CO

Given 8 signups, half of which are tentative, I'll place this as a shootout around half an hour after Scattergories wraps up - there are only 6 packets so I'm not anticipating this ending ridiculously late.
dirtdizzy
Kimahri

Post by dirtdizzy »

I'm not planning on participating in the other side events, so if someone could post a heads up when this is estimated to start, that would be helpful. Also, I might end up having a conflict at the same time, which is why I put my name down with a maybe in the spreadsheet.
Erik Tomasic
WUSTL '19
Ex-treasurer
UW '20
Rikku

Meet up in 2325 asap - ideally we'll start soonish
gimmedatguudsuccrose
Wakka

Post by gimmedatguudsuccrose »

This happened! We played 6 rounds, although Matt and Eric left after 5 - at the end of round 5, the top 4 were Eric Mukherjee (305 points), me (300 points), Kevin Wang (155 points), and Adam Silverman (145 points). Full Stats for all 6 rounds are listed below.

Kai Smith - 16/10/0/17 (385 points)
Eric Mukherjee - 13/7/1/14 (305 points over 5 rounds)
Kevin Wang - 10/5/4/15 (250 points)
Mike Sorice - 4/5/4/7 (160 points)
Adam Silverman - 5/3/4/7 (150 points)
Ashvin Srivatsa - 2/7/3/5 (150 points)
Matt Mitchell - 5/3/2/11 (110 points over 5 rounds)
Selene Koo - 2/1/0/1 (50 points)
Erik Tomasic - 0/0/0/1 (-5 points)
Amusingly, out of the 120 tossups heard, 57 were super-powered, 41 were powered, there were 78 (!!!!!) negs!

Thank you so much to Geoffrey, Akshay, and Vishwa for writing the set - it was incredibly fun!
χ Smith
FHS '15
Chicago '19
Wartortullian
Rikku

Post by Wartortullian »

This was an immensely fun set, and I'd like to thank the writers for coming up with such creative questions.
Matt