Eisenhower Memorial Tournament @ UCLA (05/06/17)

Old college threads.
coldstonesteveaustin
Wakka

Eisenhower Memorial Tournament @ UCLA (05/06/17)

Post by coldstonesteveaustin »

UCLA is hosting EMT on Saturday, May 6, 2017. If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected]. Register by emailing the aforementioned address with the necessary details. In particular, please note the following:
Vasa Clarke wrote:Eligibility: Only undergraduate and high school students can play this tournament. If you are a grad student, you generally may not play. "Undergraduate" in this case does not follow the traditional ACF definition--fifth-year (or greater) undergraduates with no bachelor's-level degree are still eligible to play. (This is identical to the eligibility rules of last year's MUT.) Exceptions may be granted based on my discretion, depending on the state of the local circuit.
Therefore, if you are a grad student, or if your team is composed of players from multiple schools, or some other special situation, and you wish to apply for an exception, please email me and I will forward the request to the editors.

Pricing structure:
Base fee: $120 per team
Buzzer systems: -$5 each, no maximum
Staffers: -$10 each, no maximum.
Travel: -$5 per 50 miles traveled one way
Additionally, parking is $12 for the day.

Schedule:
8:30 am - 9:00 am: Registration Period (All teams must be accounted for by 8:55 am)
9:00 am - 12:00 pm: Morning Play
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm : Lunch
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm: Afternoon Play
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm: Awards, Finals, and Debrief

Field Cap: 12 teams (for now)

Field (teams/buzzers/staffers):
Caltech (2/1/0)
UC Irvine (1/2/1)
UC Los Angeles (1/1/3)
UC San Diego (3/1/0)
Westview (1/2/0)

Total: 8/7/4
Last edited by coldstonesteveaustin on Sun May 07, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hidehiro Anto
Menlo School '14
UCLA '18

"Those who cannot remember 'Black Magic Woman' are condemned to repeat it." - Carlos Santayana
coldstonesteveaustin
Wakka

Re: Eisenhower Memorial Tournament @ UCLA (05/06/17)

Post by coldstonesteveaustin »

After 10 rounds, UCLA cleared the field, and Westview got second. Top four individuals are Hidehiro Anto, Jason Cheng, Rahul Keyal, and Matt Forster. Thanks to Derek Chang, Yu Hong Hwang, Dominic Reiss, Anderson Roloff, and Aurko Sen for staffing, and stats are here.
Hidehiro Anto
Menlo School '14
UCLA '18

"Those who cannot remember 'Black Magic Woman' are condemned to repeat it." - Carlos Santayana