2017 NAQT Midwest SCT at WUSTL on Feb. 4, 2017

Old college threads.
Jeremy Gibbs Paradox
Rikku

2017 NAQT Midwest SCT at WUSTL on Feb. 4, 2017

Post by Jeremy Gibbs Paradox »

The Washington University Academic Team is pleased to announce that we will be the hosts of the Midwest NAQT Sectional Championship Tournament on February 4, 2017.

Location: This tournament will take place at WUSTL. The precise meeting rooms will be posted closer to the date of the tournament.

Fees:

Base fees: $125 for the first team from a school; $100 for second or subsequent teams

Discounts:

$10 discount per working buzzer system (must accommodate at least eight players)

$5 discount per working clock or timer

$30 discount per experienced moderator

$45 discount (per team) for schools new to quizbowl (neither competed in nor hosted SCT in 2015 or 2016)

Payment will be taken at check-in on February 4th, unless alternate arrangements are previously made. If payment is by check, please have it made Pay to the Order of "Washington University Academic Team."

How to register: This tournament uses NAQT's online registration system. Please register at this link:

https://www.naqt.com/sct/hosts.jsp

Current field may be seen at this link:

https://www.naqt.com/registration/field ... nt_id=8150

We look forward to hosting this and seeing everyone there!
TINA! BRING ME THE AXE!!!!

Sean Phillips
Boonville HS 00
WUSTL 04
SLU Law 07
Member MOQBA 2008-present
Is it wrong I like Boonville most of those 3?:)
jonah
Auron

Re: 2017 NAQT Midwest SCT at WUSTL on Feb. 4, 2017

Post by jonah »

Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments
Jeremy Gibbs Paradox
Rikku

Post by Jeremy Gibbs Paradox »

I would like to thank everyone for coming to the 2017 NAQT Midwest Sectional Championship tournament at WUSTL today! Northwestern won the Division 1 title with a record of 10-1 while the University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign B claimed the Division 2 title over Chicago D with a record of 11-1! Stats are found above in the link. I'd like to thank Jonah Greenthal for coming from Chicagoland to help with running the statistics end of the event as well as my staff: Seth Ebner Jacob Bryce O'Rourke Patrick Butenhoff Velimir Petrovic Andy Walz Ross Sparrow Auric Brockfeld Collin Nadarajah Jonathan Mishory and Erik Tomasic! I'd also like to thank those on the d2 teams that graciously offered to scorekeep on bye as that helped a staff depleted in recent days stay on track. I had a great time with all of you!

Congrats and I will see you all down the line!
TINA! BRING ME THE AXE!!!!

Sean Phillips
Boonville HS 00
WUSTL 04
SLU Law 07
Member MOQBA 2008-present
Is it wrong I like Boonville most of those 3?:)
alexdz
Rikku

Post by alexdz »

Just wanted to say: This was likely my last collegiate quizbowl tournament, since I'll hopefully be graduating my masters program this spring and there aren't any other events on my horizon. I had an amazing time thanks to NAQT, to Sean, to the staff, and to all the other teams who came to compete!
Alex Dzurick
====
Owner/Editor, SAGES Quizbowl Questions
Middle school teacher, Rohan Woods School
====
South Callaway '08 -- Mizzou '12 -- Illinois '17
SCMS coach '12-'13 -- EFIP coach '20-'21 -- RWS coach '22-present