EFT at Stanford, 10/15

Old college threads.
Saltasassi
Lulu

EFT at Stanford, 10/15

Post by Saltasassi »

Stanford University will be hosting the Northern California mirror of EFT on October 15, 2016. You can register by posting in this thread or sending me an email ([email protected]). You're also free to send me any questions you might have about the tournament. For general information about EFT, you can check out http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... =8&t=18443.

Cost
Base fee: $120 per team
Minimum fee: $40 per team (this is equal to the mirror fee)
Working buzzer discount: $5 each
Approved moderator discount: $15 each
Travel discount: $10 per 200 miles one way (according to Google Maps)

We look forward to seeing you at our tournament!

Current field (# of teams/buzzers/staff):
Stanford (2)
Berkeley (4/4/0)
UC Davis/Los Rios (1/0/0)
Utrecht Academy of Agricultural Sciences (1/0/0)
Last edited by Saltasassi on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jennie Yang
Fremd 2015
Stanford 2019 + 2020
Saltasassi
Lulu

Re: EFT at Stanford, 10/15

Post by Saltasassi »

We have reached 10 teams for this tournament, so unless there's a sudden influx of 2 more teams, we will be closing the field.
Jennie Yang
Fremd 2015
Stanford 2019 + 2020
Saltasassi
Lulu

Post by Saltasassi »

A few teams have dropped/been reformed as of this morning. The field now reflects these changes.
Jennie Yang
Fremd 2015
Stanford 2019 + 2020
gyre and gimble
Yuna

Post by gyre and gimble »

Berkeley A beat Stanford A in the second game of an advantaged final. Thanks for playing, everyone!

Stats are available here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... finals%29/. Some of the bonus numbers are a little off because tiebreaker tossups were not accompanied by bonuses, but SQBS insists on counting them towards bonuses heard. I don't really know how to fix it. Also, one of the Stanford B - Utrecht games also has each team hearing 11 bonuses, but I don't know what the error is. Can anyone help me out with either of these issues?
Stephen Liu
Torrey Pines '10
Harvard '14
Stanford '17
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Important Bird Area »

gyre and gimble wrote:Some of the bonus numbers are a little off because tiebreaker tossups were not accompanied by bonuses, but SQBS insists on counting them towards bonuses heard. I don't really know how to fix it.
Use the "Overtime" checkbox in the bottom right of the SQBS "Game Entry" screen (in the two boxes immediately to the right of that checkbox, indicate how many "tossups unaccompanied by bonuses" each team got right).
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Important Bird Area »

gyre and gimble wrote:Also, one of the Stanford B - Utrecht games also has each team hearing 11 bonuses, but I don't know what the error is.
Each team is also credited with getting 11 tossups right (Stanford 1/10/0, Utrecht 3/8/4). Either something in that sentence is a mistake, or the listed tossups heard of 20 is wrong and this game actually went to overtime. You'll have to check the scoresheet to figure out the right resolution.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Saltasassi
Lulu

Post by Saltasassi »

Thanks to all teams who came out to this tournament yesterday! Congratulations to Berkeley A for their win (and sorry you had to play so many finals!)

This tournament could not have run so well without such wonderful staffers. Thanks to Jay Bhasin, James Bradbury, Jim Puls, and Ankit Aggarwal for being excellent moderators throughout the day, and thanks to Howon Lee for dealing with stats. (Also thanks to Nick Karas for providing book prizes!)

More thanks go to the writers of EFT for producing such a well-received tournament. The score sheet system they provided ended up working quite well, especially after the moderators became accustomed to it, and streamlined a lot of things (i.e. adding). We all look forward to seeing the break-down once it's available.

Thanks again, I look forward to seeing you all at Stanford's future tournaments!
Jennie Yang
Fremd 2015
Stanford 2019 + 2020
Saltasassi
Lulu

Post by Saltasassi »

The stats have now been fixed and uploaded to to the tournament's listing on the database.
Jennie Yang
Fremd 2015
Stanford 2019 + 2020