Quiz Bowl at UT-Knoxville

Old college threads.
bg0296
Lulu

Quiz Bowl at UT-Knoxville

Post by bg0296 »

Hi, everyone.
Does anyone know the status of the team at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville? Are they still active? I am looking at transfer destinations next year and want to get back into quiz bowl. The small 2-year college I go to now used to have a team in the 90's, but they don't have one today. I have not played since high school, but am generally aware of the differences between the high school and college game.

Right now, UT is my top choice to get my bachelor's and master's. It's close to home and they seem to have a good history (my major) department. Any help and/or feedback is appreciated!
Brad Gandy
Tellico Plains High School (Tellico Plains, TN), Class of 2014
Hiwassee College (Madisonville, TN), Class of 2016
thelion
Lulu

Re: Quiz Bowl at UT-Knoxville

Post by thelion »

Well, they do have contact information listed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... n_US#gid=0.
Not sure how old the information is, though.
George Bastedo IV
University of Rochester '16
Unicolored Jay
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Unicolored Jay »

The information is very, very recent, as I actually put that in just last week! I've been working on getting quizbowl going at UTK this semester, and so far it's going well, so you'll definitely be joining an active club when you get here! So yeah, feel free to ask me any questions you have regarding UTK quizbowl.
Jasper Lee
University of Tennessee Health Science Center '21
The Ohio State University '14
Solon High School '10
bg0296
Lulu

Post by bg0296 »

Awesome! I'm a little nervous about the transition to a big university (for those of you who know East Tennessee, Hiwassee College is tiny), but one of my professors is working on his PhD through UT and has been very helpful. Again, thanks for letting me know the club is active and I hope to see you guys soon!
Brad Gandy
Tellico Plains High School (Tellico Plains, TN), Class of 2014
Hiwassee College (Madisonville, TN), Class of 2016