AND YOU ARE NOT INVITED
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired
Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Re: SECRET MIRROR OF DR AURONI

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

A humid day, a humid night. The swamp was full of destructive forces that had ultimate power. The swamp…The Swamp of Al-Aziv. The most dangerous swamp of the world. The swamp of evil…the swamp of anger and destruction. The morning sun arose…the sun that is the source of energy in the nearby portions of the universe.
There are many in this world that think of destruction. As a result, there are demons, devils, evils. The focus of evil today is the Swamp of Al-Aziv. Those who enter never return. Those who think of the marsh never think of it again. If they do, then they have been captured by the lure.
This evil must be stopped. The halt must eventually arrive, and those that are demonic shall suffer. The world is in pain. The world is in need of a correct path. The Mountain of Evil arises. The world is doomed to a dramatically evil fate. Devastation, destruction, evils of the world. The doom master has taken over the peaceful land.
The one who stops this madness must be mortal. It is the law of both dimensions. The dominant dimensions do not have any say, but can provide the lower class with much needed information. This dimension must choose the hero of the lower. This hero shall embark on a journey that will change the fate of the world. The world will never be the same.
It is time to choose. The process is simple. The dominant dimension chooses the person that is the most qualified to take on the evil of the world.
The man must find the fabled Blade of Teras Kasi and defeat all of evilkind. This is not a simple thing to do. The world’s rule says that this person may be accompanied on his quest. This is not an advantage, but an assistance. In the end, the hero must slay the evil by slicing them, slicing them with the Blade.
The decision has arrived. The dimension above has decided. Now, they must contact this person. The journey is not a long one, but an accurate one, according to the rule of the world.
The upper dimension superiors are getting ready to embark on this journey. Shall we begin?
The four canta are the chosen ones. They will find our hero. The canta are knights of the superiors. They have names, but the meanings are the opposite of what the name suggests. The knight named Vladimir is a man of much intellect, opposite of what the name suggests. One would think of Vladimir to be a masculine one based on the phonetics of his name. Fernando of the canta is a coward. Again, the name Fernando would suggest great masculinity and courage, and both are not characteristics of Fernando. The Desperate knight is powerful. He is the muscle of the group. The Barren knight is full of everything. Full of energy, pride, love. He is the nucleus of the group. When these four join, the force is unimaginable. Who—Who is the hero?
His name is Morris. Morris, Morris, Morris. The canta now have their information, and they are ready. The immortal shall prevail in the end over the weaker of the immortal, according to the rule of the world.

I

“We must immediately depart,” Vladimir told the rest,” depart to the transdimensional vortex! To do that, we must take the route through the mountains west of here.”
Barren took control from this point on. Vladimir is the only one with such power to command the group as Barren does. He is compared to a vice officer in many ways.
“The mountains are far away,” shouted a frightened Fernando. “Afraid am I who fears everything.”
“Shut up, Fernando,” Barren was furious. He wants to call on Desperate at this time, but knows it is the wrong thing to do. “ They will soon come.”
“What? The mountains are attacking?”
“No. I am summoning them to be able to get to our destination in a shorter period of time. Why go to the vortex when it is your servant? It will come to you faster than you go to it. The rule of the world says that if a vortex is far away, you can summon it by order. This can happen only when an immortal of great power summons it. When the mountains come to us, the vortex will soon follow. Is our hero in the past or the present? The vortex will decide. The mountains are here.”
“I shall move the mountains,” Desperate told Barren, “for this shall begin our journey awide.”
“The mountains are present, present in this sphere of evil. Now, let us proceed to the mountains.”
“There is Dragontis,” Fernando cried, “and he is evil and cunning.”
“Dragontis is only a fable, a myth, a story for fools,” Barren replied, “fools that are ignorant that there are myths.”
“I am not a fool!”
“But a coward you are. I believe that you believe that there is no Dragontis, but you are afraid of what would happen if he was real. Indeed, you are not a fool, for you are one of the canta.”
“I wish that Dragontis would exist! For I, Desperate, with to challenge such a demon!”
“No! You are the fool, Desperate. You have wished for a challenge, and now it comes to you!” the angry Barren gasped as he witnessed the sudden arrival of a beast.
“It is Dragontis! I, Desperate, wish to challenge you to a duel! En garde!”
“I shall escape…,” Fernando cowered away from the action as he was used of doing.
“Leave, canta! This is my battle with Dragontis!”
“It is Desperate’s wish that we leave. He is a fool, but we cannot underestimate him. Let us leave him. If he does not make it, we shall be the three canta,” Vladimir approved of the idea of Desperate.
As for Dragontis the Mythical, he is, according to myth, a great evil. A great evil that is foolish. There are several ways to defeat this beast. First, you can outwit it. The beast is solid, making it possible to overpower it. According to the rule of the world, a beast can defeated by physical attacks if and only if it is a solid. Physical attacks do not work if the demon is liquid or spiritual. You must search for another method.
Dragontis, however, is a solid, as is Desperate. In this battle, they can both injure their opponents with physical attacks. As the battle waged on, Desperate was battling Dragontis blow for blow. No technique, no fashion, just brute strength. Hours passed. Lots of pain was being dealt. Desperate had a final shot at Dragontis, and he took the chance. Desperate threw himself at Dragontis. This failed, for the inertia of Dragontis is supreme. Dragontis now had the upper hand. Flames came from the mouth and Desperate was indeed desperate. This got Desperate extremely angry. He chanted at Dragontis, and was mocked. There was no way he could win this battle. He had no energy and no will left.
“I shall save you, Desperate!” Fernando surprisingly rose to his feet. The knight slashed Dragontis from the back. This took all hope of victory from Dragontis. The canta were again successful. Does this mean that Fernando has eliminated all of his phobias? Well, his will saved the life of an immortal ally. Even though the rule of the world says that an immortal cannot die in the immortal world, it only means that they cannot die by accident. However, they can die in a battle. The canta were relieved, but they were ready to move on.
“The past is behind us,” Barren sighed as he led the group. “Desperate…a fool! A fool! A fool! Your dreams came true. You are desperate to fight, and then you are desperate to be saved from the fight? A fool, indeed!”
“Barren, we must head for the vortex. I have the map ready,” Vladimir has forgiven as well as forgotten. For he has not forgotten the mission at hand.
“The mountains are a maze,” Barren answered Vladimir’s request to continue.
“I am sleepy after my duel,” Desperate told the othere three canta. “We must rest for a spell. I think…”
“You shall move out with the rest of us. Rest is not needed in the search for a hero. However, I believe that you are correct. I also think that there is need for a rest,” Barren replied.
“Rest we shall,” Fernando yawned loudly.
“Shall I cast the tent of protection?” Vladimir questioned the others.
“Yes, you shall,” Barren told Vladimir.
The canta rested for a few days. The rest was appreciated by Desperate, for he was tired. The only one that didn’t rest was Fernando, for he was again afraid.

II

Several days after the beginning of the rest, the canta awakened. Fernando awakened first, but was the last to slumber. The immortals were well rested and ready to depart on their journey as planned. The canta climbed atop the peak of the little peak, and surprisingly, a door waited for them.
“Is this the vortex?” Barren wondered for a while.
“A door,” Vladimir said, “a door. Is the vortex inside? I know that it is difficult to find. We must go to the inside of the door at this early morning hour.”
The adventuring immortals could not open the door. Lack of energy, perhaps? Absolutely not. As soon as they thought they could not open the door, Desperate thought otherwise, and instantly broke down the door.
“We shall venture inside of this door,” Barren recommended.
So, the canta ventured inside of the door. The door closed behind them.
“This is the palace of elements,” Vladimir acknowledged what was behind the door. “It is full of traps. We must be on guard. The vortex is on the other side.”
Indeed, this was a treacherous dungeon. The dungeon in which they are currently in is the Dungeon of Fire. The dungeon will be difficult to complete. It is this difficult because the canta are unable to fly. The whole floor is almost completely covered in oozing lava. There are narrow stepping stones. No room for error, not even a single step. Indeed, this will be a test for the canta.
“The floor is full of cracks!” Fernando screamed with a howl. “I’m scared. I’m not even going to think about making it across, for it is impossible!”
“Then we shall place you in the sack of immortals,” Barren angrily replied, “for it is a equally unquenchable inferno. You shall follow along, Fernando.”
“O. K. But I’m scared.”
“Silence!”
“O. K.”
“I said SILENCE!!!” Fernando spoke no more. Was he more afraid of Barren…or the dungeon?
The canta departed on their journey. For hours and hours, they carefully stepped around the molten igneous.
“There are four doors,” Vladimir said, “and in the myth of the Dungeon of Fire, there are four doors in the Dungeon of Fire. The doors are the doors of fate. Friends, we must decide which is the correct door. If we choose the wrong door, it could result in our death. We must choose wisely, or we may never be able to choose again.”
“There must be some way to choose,” said Barren.
“I am very afraid,” replied Fernando, for he was indeed afraid again.
“I understand your fear,” said Barren.
“I shall beat the doors!” Desperate’s adrenaline acted up.
“No, you must not!” Barren held no anger back.
“We shall rest, canta,” Vladimir gave an idea.
The canta rested through a cold night, but were actually felling quite fortunate to feel the cold, for in a short period of time, they may have to feel the hellacious flames of the Dungeon of Fire.
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??, BHSU forever
Member, ACF
Member emeritus, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT
The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

Post by The Ununtiable Twine »

Stats through 4:

http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... o_round_4/

*That piece of literature seems familiar, Rob. Where have I seen it before?
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired
Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

Well, y--

III

“Vlad…imir…the correct door. The correct door…there is a puzzle…you must solve it. The correct door is symbolic to something in your life. Your wife…your family. You must follow this dream, and you must succeed. Good luck, Vlad.”
“Barren…the door…the correct door…the door that you must open…a hint…I will give you a hint. The eyes on the doll that you bought for your daughter two years ago…”
“Fernando.”
“My lord! My lord! Wake up, wake up!”
“What is it, Fernando?” Barren angrily awakened.
“A spirit…an evil spirit cane to me in a dream. It said…my name!”
“I had a dream, as well. The spirit in my dream told me that the door number had something to do with the doll I bought my daughter two years ago.”
“Was there anything…strange about the doll?”
“Not that I remember. Wait! The doll had three eyes! That is it! Number three!”
“I had a dream as well!” Vladimir replied to the ironic situation. “The spirit in my dream told me that the door number had something to do with my wife and my family.”
“Why did he exclude your wife from your family?” Barren asked.
“I don’t know. I have a family of four. That is…four excluding myself. The only thing that could be is that he excluded both me and my wife. I have three…THREE!!! Same number here. Desperate, did you have a dream?”
“Yes. It was about the three of you!”
“Three, three, three…Fernando, did you have a dream?”
“I would not call what I had a dream. It was a nightmare!”
“Three, three, three!” Vladimir shouted. “That’s three threes! Indeed, we must proceed through the third door!”
“I’m scared…”
“Shut up, Fernando! It’s the right door!” Barren bulged with anger, for it was extremely difficult for the great leader to tolerate all of the whining of one of his greatest comrades. The canta proceeded through the third door with great caution.

IV

As the canta proceeded through the third door, Vladimir noticed that the vortex was right in the view of all of the canta.
“This is indeed the transdimensional vortex that we needed to find,” Vladimir assured the canta that it was indeed the vortex that they had been searching for for days.
“We shall warp!” Fernando said courageously. And so they did.

((((((((((oooooooooo oo 2 oo oooooooooo))))))))))

Silence was upon the dimension of mortals. Not a sound. Not even from the canta. Did the canta survive the warp? Was this the correct dimension? Was it a dimension? Yes. According to the rule of the world, when you warp transdimensionally, you also experience an hour of total silence. You cannot see, you cannot hear. But you are there. It is said in the rule of the world that your spirit has to take much longer to be transferred to the next dimension. Also, once an immortal warps to the mortal reign, the immortal becomes mortal. This is called temporary mortality. The cantal spirits have traveled for a total time of one hour, ad they have arrived. They can now join the cantal bodies on the journey. The canta are again whole.
“Morris…I sense Morris…,” Barren said. In the mortal world, the immortal retains the power, but he loses his power to prevent death. It is important to be an immortal phobianotician that is mortal in the mortal world. The immortals must not be too extreme, but be effective in what they do.
“A cavern!” Desperate yelled as soon as the mortal world reappeared to the heroes.
“I’m scared,” Fernando sighed.
“Why?” Vladimir asks the scared cantus of good deeds aplenty.
“Barren is hallucinating, indeed.”
“The Eastern Dragon, our old foe, and worthy of a foe fight, for it is right, that he just might,” said Barren.
“Express his fright!” Fernando exclaimed. “I’m not the only scared one in the dimensions two!”
“A fiendly foe, for he is deadly amongst us. Prepare, O canta, for he is near…Tacack!”
“Barren!”
“Barren!”
“Barren!”
He suddenly awakes in fright, for he is unaware of what has happened in the moments afew when he was not.
“What was it?”
“You all must be extremely frightened for some reason. Tell me, for I wish to know what is on your minds.”
“Barren, you were hallucinating about the Eastern Dragon, remember?”
“No.”
“It was a vision, and a hallucination not?”
“I must have dreamt it.”
“Let me tell you what you dreamt in your dynamic mid. You mentioned a dragon of the east, and you wished to duel.”
“Duel!” Desperate wished for another quarrel with a dragon? “We must duel, O Eastern Dragon!”
“DESPERATE!!!” they all yelled as a figure, a distinct figure, yes, a mighty dragon with long, sharp talons appeared. The talons are almost as impressive as the winding tail, nearly a mile in length, and at the end of the tail, ducts where fire could be emitted at any moment.
“It is your fight, Desperate, and we shall retreat. Luck be with thee,” Barren said as the others escaped, for they knew the value of their lives.
The Eastern Dragon was a vicious mythical creature, and now he is a reality. Desperate must be careful, for he may vanish into oblivion. Will this be his death, or will it be the death of an ancient myth?
Desperate struck the Eastern Dragon with a ferocious blow, and the dragon yelled. Desperate immediately claimed his victory and walked away. However, this was a fatal mistake. His life was taken instantaneously as the tail or the dragon wound itself around him ad suffocated him.
“Desperate, you fool! You let the dragon take your life! Now, the dragon of the east must pay for his actions!” Fernando the Valiant confronted the vicious beast ad defeated it with the mighty claw that is his hand. As for Desperate, his soul has vanished to the dark beyond. This beast is an intelligent one, for he escaped Fernando the Valiant.
“O Desperate,” Vladimir quoted, “I wish you well on your journey to the dark beyond.”

V

The immortal hath betrayed the rule of the world. Death in the mortal dimension is highly probable, but can be cured.
“You are the first to do such a foolish thing. You will return to the mortal world, but first, I must find you worthy of returning to the life that you have created. This…this is the dark beyond. It is not dark as in evil, yet dark as in unknown. It is actually very great of you to die at this point. There are eighteen components to returning to the mortal world. They will take ample time, but you are a cantus. You should be able to succeed. Prepare for your first test. Here we have the Eastern Dragon. You must be wise and prevail over this legendary beast.”
“I’ve already done that!”
“You beat him, but you didn’t defeat him. A precautionary message to you would be to be extremely careful. Thou art a savage, O Desperate.”
This test should be a simple one for our cantal being. Knowing that he can batter the Eastern Dragon, he should prevail. The wise shall proceed. The hasty shall vanish.
Again, Desperate started out with a ferocious slash as he dodged the sudden attack of the behemoth. A vicious claw of the beast scraped the head of the cantus. Not long to wait, the world is fading away for Desperate. The great warrior was wounded, and miraculously, he performed a move for the ages. A photon beam obliterated the evil dragon. How odd could it be that this Eastern Dragon was actually gone? How odd could it be that Desperate has died in the mortal world and he is still alive?
“Indeed,” the voice told Desperate. “Your next task is a journey that will have a long time span. I shall turn you into an ant and you shall find a way to eliminate the queen of the tribe before she hatches. Your quest will force you to use your greatest thinking skills. Your work will be well rewarded, and it will reward others, as you attempt to receive your birth after death. Proceed into this hole and be micronized.”
The feeble cantus would listen to this and from his knowledge, he discovered that he was an ant.”

VI

“I am the eternal soul. I know the whereabouts of Morris. He is the key to this journey.”
“What?”
“You must enter the cave to the north, and you shall find Morris. He will be there, and you must tell him about his quest.”
“This person is crazy. He indeed knows Morris.”
“What?”
“Come on. Proceed.”
As the three canta proceeded into the cavern, the cavern turned into a tower.
“The Rhodes Tower!” Vladimir exclaimed. “It is where Morris lies. We shall get the Morris, for we shall complete out journey, and we shall not be shamed. We are not whole, but partial, yet we shall wholly complete this partial of the journey.”
“Proceed! Proceed!” Barren ordered. The incomplete canta proceeded and entered the Rhodes Tower.
“In the myth of the world, there are five complete levels of the Rhodes Tower,” Vladimir told the canta. “Fire, Ice, Puzzle, Confidence, and Demonic. Why is Morris in the Rhodes Tower? Why would he be in such an evil place? What is the reason of the Rhodes Tower coming into play? We need no reasons, for the fact is that we must find Morris. It is our duty. I caution you all to be careful, for there are many traps around. I feel their presence.”
“We may begin to wonder, but we must begin our act. Let us proceed to the first level,” Barren gave the command to proceed and so the canta did.
They entered a room with strange scents and strange looks. There was a staircase in sight, but Barren warned the canta that it could be a trap. So, they walked around like archaeologists in search for fragile, microscopic artifacts. Even though the staircase was only a few feet away from them, it took them hours to cross the floor of the Rhodes Tower. Fernando turned around, and there was no floor behind him. He suddenly became like an ostrich with no ground to be afraid in. Barren and Vladimir continued to walk slowly, but Fernando was a statue in the fiercest typhoon. He awakened from his seizurish appearance, and followed his fellow canta. They ascended the emerald stairs as they followed the track that was created for them. It was a very long walk up the stairs that never began. There was nothing but empty space any time the canta looked behind. Finally, they arrived at their destination. The Rhodes Tower is huge, yet seems larger than it is.
“Our real journey begins here,” Barren informed. “We must be on guard, for death may strike at any moment.”
Another empty floor. Again, the canta were terribly careful. The room transformed as they took another step forward.
“The Flame Duct!” Vladimir screamed in shock.
“Eiaghhh!” Fernando suddenly screamed. “Shall I join Desperate? Desperate am I to be saved.”
“Fernando!”
Before they could get to him, the flames had completely engulfed him. Fernando was gone. The canta adventured on as they did before, only more alert than an attacking squirrel.
For hours and hours they wandered in horror as the conflagration threatened to swallow them several times.
At the end of a long maze was a man shrouded in black veils and a cape. The canta were threatened by this phantom figure. Was this another hallucination? Was this a vague mirage, or perhaps a silhouette? We shall conquer the problem immediately.
“I shall consume the both of you in darkness,” the darkness spoke to them. In fire, there was no light. Heat lies within the area of evil, and consumes oxygen as it engulfs the air. What a sight to not see! Soon, there was no noise, and the demon disappeared without a trace. Instantaneously, the lights were on, and the heroes sighed terror as they were staggered by the brilliant magic of the demon. “You are careless, and you shall soon pay for your foolish attempts. Thine hero is consumed in horror, and you are consumed easily by the dark mist. I indeed honor you for your efforts, but I wonder the goal of Morris. No one I know has this knowledge. Perhaps you are the messengers from the other dimension? Proceed, for I fear you not.”
A strange occurrence it was. Vladimir and leader Barren were terrified by the evil. They had no power over it. Even with all of their power in being knights of the immortal dimension, the strongest warriors were horrified at the grand evil that was the smoky demon. Indeed, this was no ordinary demon. Not Dragontis, not the Eastern Dragon. Not any of the mythical dragons. As our heroes continue in their search, a staircase seems to be leading them straight up to the next floor. They ascended the staircase and arrived at the third floor.
“Barren,” Vladimir quoted shortly as he tiptoed carefully across the third floor, “we must make haste, for if we do not, we shall join our comrades in the shadow of demonic light. Fly like a pig, swim like an elephant, for we are doing no better.”
“Indeed, we must hasten our progress. I feel that our comrades will be of great help on this journey to eliminate the evil in Al-Aziv.”
“O wicked force, have you returned to humiliate us? You have purpose, do you not?” Barren was listening to Vladimir as he interrogated the demon that has reappeared. “What do you want? All we want is Morris. Are you Morris? Are you a fiend? If you tell me, I slay you not. If you are the opponent, then you must truly die. We wish to confront you.”
“Very amusing, O Vladimir. You know not what you attempt to do,” the demon quoted. “I am Typionica. You are fools to search for Morris. I know your desired destination, and I do believe that you are my foe.”
“We shall not be done in by your evil. You are the one who will vanish from this world,” Vladimir said in anger towards Typionica.
“You’ll have to adventure some more, for I do not fight outside of my quarters. Proceed.” Typionica disappeared with a flash. The heroes shall work toward their goal, but it shall be difficult. They disappear to the fourth floor, and they shall begin an adventure anew. They adventured through the fourth floor, but they both fell into a seemingly endless hole. The heroes were out of breath, and Typionica was staring at them with a strange glance. Scythes were flying through the air as our heroes seemed to have faltered to their death.

VII

“Heave! Heave! Hi ho! Hi ho!” Desperate hears in the background. A worker ant comes by, “We need your help! Get out of bed! Desperate looked at the ant, then he looked at himself. He was on all fours, uh…all sixes, and he was jet black. The resting hovel was filthy, and so was the hell that he just walked in to. This was the best filthy thing that Desperate has ever seen. The colony was not beautiful, but the syncopation of the ants that were walking was. “Come join us!” And so he did.
All of the ants seemed to be out of breath. The mighty Desperate wondered if he was going to have to lift all of the supplies himself.
“See that,” the worker ant said. “That is the queen ant’s lair. No one has been in there except for the head worker and the three drones. It would be a miracle if I were to get in there. Somehow, the ants cannot get in. We have created a tiny peephole to spy on the queen from time to time. Heave!” Desperate joined the tired soldiers as he walked in fear of nothing. Desperate was never afraid of anything.
“Let’s go to the outside world!” the chief ordered. “One! Two! One! Two!” Desperate and his new ally followed the command of the chief worker.
The army marched and marched as they reached the outside world. There was a huge piece of meat in the swords of grass. Suddenly, a huge wasp appeared as the ants scrambled toward the food.
“Take cover!” the chief orders. “Regiment seven, food. All others, cover!” Desperate was in regiment seven, so he was in a very dangerous position. His job was to attain the food before the wasp did. He snatched the food and ran for his life. He carried the whole thing on his back until he reached the colony.
“You are promoted, promoted to honorable worker! Three more ranks until you can become a drone!” Was Desperate to get promoted and be an assassin, or must he just be a terrorist?
The queen was due in two days. Desperate had to get three promotions in two days, or come up with a huge plot to kill the queen. He went about his business, and met the perfect solution. He met an ant that wanted to do the same thing that he wanted to do.
“Hello, worker ant, what is your name?” Desperate asked.
“Desperate, my name is Fernando.”
“Fernando! Yes, it is I, Desperate!”
“Yes. There was a figure that appeared to me and told me to slay the queen ant.”
“The queen is due in two days. It looks like we will have to hurry.”
“Yes, we will!”
“Let us move out!”
The day went on as planned by the chief. At night the two ants devised a plan to destroy the queen.
“It is very simple,” Fernando said. “We will skip work and dig a tunnel through the dirty hovel. This will take time to do, but in the end, we shall prevail.”
The canta planned to escape from the tribe. They succeeded at this, and were very nervous when they began the operation. They worked on and off for hours and hours as the other ants continued to inspect. Dangerous, this is, for inexperienced, they are. The ants did not catch Desperate and Fernando. Five feet, six feet, seven feet deep into the wall. Hiding in the debris. Miraculously, the other ants did not find them. Eight, nine, ten. Hour after hour. Day and a half passed. They can begin to hear the queen’s howl as the ants begin to prepare for the birth of many.
“We shall use this shovel to disfigure the queen!” Fernando said fearlessly as they dug through. “We are very near the queen’s quarters.”
The queen was due in twenty minutes. The process was hurried. Soon, the queen shall die along with her eggs.
“We must smash the stomach,” Desperate said to Fernando, “and smash the guards. Then we will somehow escape.
Three minutes…two minutes.
“And now we dig our final dig. We must be alert after we dig. It is necessary to attack the victims as the squirrel would do to a target.”
They dug their final dig and charged in.
“Who goes there?” The queen hollered. Before any of the guards could react, there was no queen. The eggs were all smashed into tiny little pieces. The plan to escape was yet to come.
The guards were as alert as ever as they summoned a hoard of ants. Desperate and Fernando could not see before the enormous crowd of ants. All seen a miracle, for it is true. The light encompassed them all.
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??, BHSU forever
Member, ACF
Member emeritus, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT
Holla!
Lulu

Post by Holla! »

I thought AHAN Mafia was a thing of the past Rob.
Cory Haala
Marquette '20, Northwestern '12, Simley HS '09
"A legitimate scholar" --Dr. Mike Cheyne
The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

Post by The Ununtiable Twine »

THE CONTESTANTS HAVE QUALIFIED FOR THE PLAYOFF ROUNDS
THE PLAYOFF SERIES SHALL BEGIN SHORTLY

A SYNOPSIS OF MY NOVEL, IF YOU WOULD, CARSON
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama