On the Road: Chicago Open Travel Edition

Old college threads.
SnookerUSF
Rikku

On the Road: Chicago Open Travel Edition

Post by SnookerUSF »

Hello,

If this is the wrong place for such a post, apologies, I am sure the moderators will do their thing. But, I figured I would ask here. I was thinking about driving to the Chicago Open, since I won't be travelling with the Borglum-Beyer tendency, travel arrangements are more fluid.

I would be excited to pick up people along the way from NYC (not only to defray costs), I reckon between 4 people it would only be about $150-200 each (ZipCar) and we would have a car in Chicago. As it stands, even going it alone is about the same as a flight and rental car from the airport.

Additionally, if anyone is interested in splitting a hotel room that would also be grand. Please let me know either here or at ragaa820 at newschool dot edu.

Thanks,
Ahmad Ragab, itinerant moderator at the New School for Social Research

ACF Nationals 2011:"Too real for the streets"
-Auroni Gupta

"Can 40,000 redacted topic Tossups be wrong?"

"With my gnomes I'm highlighting the danger of political opportunism and right-wing ideology. I get the feeling that this gnome has reopened an old wound."
-Ottomar Hoerl
grapesmoker
Sin

Re: On the Road: Chicago Open Travel Edition

Post by grapesmoker »

Hey Ahmad, we should talk. I'm driving to CO from Pittsburgh, so if you took a bus here, you'd be welcome to come with me; saves you the trouble and expense of ZipCar.
Jerry Vinokurov
ex-LJHS, ex-Berkeley, ex-Brown, sorta-ex-CMU
presently: John Jay College Economics
code ape, loud voice, general nuissance
SnookerUSF
Rikku

Re: On the Road: Chicago Open Travel Edition

Post by SnookerUSF »

Yes. Talking will commence.
Ahmad Ragab, itinerant moderator at the New School for Social Research

ACF Nationals 2011:"Too real for the streets"
-Auroni Gupta

"Can 40,000 redacted topic Tossups be wrong?"

"With my gnomes I'm highlighting the danger of political opportunism and right-wing ideology. I get the feeling that this gnome has reopened an old wound."
-Ottomar Hoerl