Editing opportunity

Old college threads.
Kyle
Auron

Editing opportunity

Post by Kyle »

Imperial College, London wants to host a tournament in mid-March using the deep bench format with eight people each from Oxford, Cambridge, northern England, and southern England. I would like to play my second tournament in three years, and Edmund has his hands full with a new job and another editing project. So we need an editor to "Briticise" the questions.

BuzzerQuiz made a profit of £80, which is $124.36, on last year's British Student Quiz Championships. I control how the money gets spent. So here's the deal:

I will pay a competent editor $124.36 to supervise a team of four very inexperienced British writers as they attempt to turn six packets of tossups from an extremely easy tournament (probably a high school house-write) and six full packets from a moderate-difficulty tournament (probably Penn Bowl or MOO or ACF Regionals) into a suitably British experience. The editor would have to give specific feedback on every question produced for this set with the goal of turning these people into good writers by the end of the ordeal. It would be mostly British history with a bit of British literature, British pop culture and sports, and British geography thrown in. And the editor would be responsible for ensuring that the completed set is ready to go for the tournament.

Is anybody interested?
Kyle Haddad-Fonda
Harvard '09
Oxford '13

Kyle
Auron

Re: Editing opportunity

Post by Kyle »

Nobody wants to make some easy money while really helping out a fledgling but promising quizbowl circuit?

My Briticisers are Tom Whyman (formerly of Manchester), Hugh Bennett (formerly of Sheffield), Alex Bubb (currently of Oxford), and possibly Thomas Grinyer (formerly of Cambridge). The afternoon rounds are going to use six packets of MOO -- thanks to Bryan Berend and his co-editors for letting us use it so late. I don't know about the morning rounds yet.

EDIT -- Jeff Hoppes has volunteered, which is great because I think he's the ideal person for the job. Thanks, Jeff!
Kyle Haddad-Fonda
Harvard '09
Oxford '13

crimsonscholar
Lulu

Re: Editing opportunity

Post by crimsonscholar »

I would love to help out with some British history, even though I am not British.
Jonathan Thompson
University of Alabama '08 and '15

Quiz bowling.