CO Matchmaking

Old college threads.
AKKOLADE
Sin

Re: CO Matchmaking

Post by AKKOLADE »

marnold wrote:
DumbJaques wrote:Hey, so we just had yet another drop from our team, Charlie Dees, Dan Puma, and myself are looking for a fourth yet again. I presume at this point we'd need to pick someone local up, so if anyone out there knows science (or, failing that, anything at all) and is interested, please email/PM me.
SUMMON: JARED SAGOFF
Image?
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
OctagonJoe
Tidus

Post by OctagonJoe »

Fred wrote:
marnold wrote:
DumbJaques wrote:Hey, so we just had yet another drop from our team, Charlie Dees, Dan Puma, and myself are looking for a fourth yet again. I presume at this point we'd need to pick someone local up, so if anyone out there knows science (or, failing that, anything at all) and is interested, please email/PM me.
SUMMON: JARED SAGOFF
Image?
Carsten Gehring
Wayzata HS '08 | Carleton College '12 | Denver Publishing Institute '12
Mike Bentley
Sin

Post by Mike Bentley »

Hey, I still could use a hotel room for Sunday night. If anyone is already reserving a room for Sunday and will let me sleep on the floor or something, please let me know.
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008
EncyclopediaCDRom
Wakka

Post by EncyclopediaCDRom »

I was just informed by our Toronto teammates of their regrettable withdrawal, but Jordan Palmer has given us his endorsement to play through his packet submitted weeks or months ago. Charles Martin and I are now suddenly looking for two free agent teammates with nine days to spare. Alternatively, if another team is on the verge of imploding due to not finishing its packet, perhaps we could merge with two other players as long as there would still be an odd number (13) of CO teams. As a last resort, Charles AND I might be willing to unite with a two-player team that has submitted its packet; then, Jordan's packet could be saved for playoffs, if at the appropriate difficulty level per the editors, since Charles and I NEVER saw it.

Did anyone see me on Cincinnati local news 2 weeks ago from the Kentucky Speedway NASCAR Sprint Cup Series garages?
Rom
Rom Masrour
president of RomNation at the races
2011 INDYCAR, 2012 NASCAR, 2012 GRAND-AM, & 2012 American Le Mans Series hard card holder
licensed crew member for car #51 in the 2011-2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series & car #15 in the 2012 GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series
"I'm glad you were at Kentucky for Ed's win instead of me."
"Rommy is better known in the paddock than half the drivers are."
"Drivers love Rommy even more than Rommy loves them."
Charbroil
Auron

Post by Charbroil »

EncyclopediaCDRom wrote:I was just informed by our Toronto teammates of their regrettable withdrawal, but Jordan Palmer has given us his endorsement to play through his packet submitted weeks or months ago. Charles Martin and I are now suddenly looking for two free agent teammates with nine days to spare. Alternatively, if another team is on the verge of imploding due to not finishing its packet, perhaps we could merge with two other players as long as there would still be an odd number (13) of CO teams. As a last resort, Charles AND I might be willing to unite with a two-player team that has submitted its packet; then, Jordan's packet could be saved for playoffs, if at the appropriate difficulty level per the editors, since Charles and I NEVER saw it.

Did anyone see me on Cincinnati local news 2 weeks ago from the Kentucky Speedway NASCAR Sprint Cup Series garages?
Rom
If my teammate can't make it, I would be interested in joining this team, though I was under the impression that the schedule would work better with the current number of teams (15, counting ours). I've also already turned in a packet.
Charles Hang
Francis Howell Central '09
St. Charles Community College '14
Washington University in St. Louis '19, 2x (President, 2017-19)

Owner, Olympia Academic Competition Questions, LLC
Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl