GUERRILLA III - Friday, 4/8/11 - ICT Hotel, Chicago

Old college threads.
mhayes
Rikku

Re: GUERRILLA III - Friday, 4/8/11 - ICT Hotel, Chicago

Post by mhayes »

Well, it seems that I'm officially out for this event, as my flight is now scheduled to leave Cleveland at 10:30 PM EST.

I'll probably be at the hotel at around 11:00 PM local time to observe a few matches, however. Jake will have our packet, so he'll probably form a team with a few of the Bama guys until Jeff and/or Nate arrive.
Matt Hayes

Unaffiliated
The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

Post by The Ununtiable Twine »

bt_green_warbler wrote:Posting from SFO to say that my flight will be at least 45 minutes late. Please feel free to begin playing quizbowl without me; I may or may not be a special mystery guest arriving sometime around round 4.
It appears that Matt's flight is having super troubles as well and he probably won't be able to make it until close to midnight as his new flight leaves rather late. If anyone would like to join in his stead, let me know by texting me at three three seven 380-9295. Also, it appears that Mr. Hoppes might miss a few rounds, so maybe someone would be interested in playing until he gets here?

If anyone would like to have dinner with me, text me as well, I'm getting kinda hungry.
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired
mhayes
Rikku

Post by mhayes »

DarkMatter wrote:It appears that Matt's flight is having super troubles as well and he probably won't be able to make it until close to midnight as his new flight leaves rather late. If anyone would like to join in his stead, let me know by texting me at three three seven 380-9295. Also, it appears that Mr. Hoppes might miss a few rounds, so maybe someone would be interested in playing until he gets here?
My flight has now been moved up to 10:00, so there's still a possibility I'll make the last round or so. :lol:

But I really wanted to read our packet. Shucks.
Matt Hayes

Unaffiliated
Nine-Tenths Ideas
Auron

Post by Nine-Tenths Ideas »

I can read if needed.
Isaac Hirsch
University of Maryland '14
Never Gonna Play Again
MicroEStudent
Rikku

Post by MicroEStudent »

I actually made it to the hotel as AA "found" a plane presumably hidden in Gates, New York. If necessary, I'll be a one man team.
Nathaniel Kane
RIT '09, '11 (BS Microelectronic Engineering, MS Microelectronic Engineering)
The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

Post by The Ununtiable Twine »

MicroEStudent wrote:I actually made it to the hotel as AA "found" a plane presumably hidden in Gates, New York. If necessary, I'll be a one man team.
No need, I will be in the lobby around 8:30. Mr. Hayes will be here around 9:15.
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired
Mike Bentley
Sin

Post by Mike Bentley »

My team went undefeated (although in the last round was joined by Matt Weiner whose room was being used). I have at least some of the stats and all of the questions. Stats will be posted later. You can find the questions at http://doc-ent.com/quizbowl/GUERRILLA%20III.zip.
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008
Mike Bentley
Sin

Post by Mike Bentley »

Stats are here: http://doc-ent.com/quizbowl/GUERRILLA%2 ... dings.html. Looks like there's a few minor errors (as evidenced by teams having non-zero PPB), but I think the world won't end if these aren't corrected.
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008