ATTN: PENN QUIZBOWLERS

Old college threads.
Broad-tailed Grassbird
Tidus

ATTN: PENN QUIZBOWLERS

Post by Broad-tailed Grassbird »

MSU and a lot of other teams were planning on coming to your tournament, but you have yet to post anything about it outside of the calendar. In fact, everyone in the world was planning to come to Penn Bowl or a mirror of it as ACF Winter is toast. So anyways, we want to run our traditional hs tournament in January, but we don't even know if Penn Bowl is happening, or TIT for that matter, and we like January quiz bowl, so we'd like to come.

If nobody posts, I'll just assume January quiz bowl is gonna die, even though it was very prosperous last year.

Also, Maryland convince us to come to TIT instead, since Penn Bowl doesn't want to happen.
Nalin
Scranton Middle School (2000-2003)
Brighton High School (2003-2007)
Michigan State University (2007-2011)
Semi-Retired (2012-present)
Lapego1
Tidus

Re: ATTN: PENN QUIZBOWLERS

Post by Lapego1 »

Both TIT and Penn Bowl are happening dude. Announcement for PB forthcoming and TIT has been up.
Mehdi Razvi
Maggie Walker Gov. School '07
University of Pennsylvania '11

"A goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid."
-James D. Watson (1928-)
DumbJaques
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by DumbJaques »

If nobody posts, I'll just assume January quiz bowl is gonna die, even though it was very prosperous last year.

Also, Maryland convince us to come to TIT instead, since Penn Bowl doesn't want to happen.
After considering your generous offer, and in order to ensure that you'll be on hand in person to provide our event with more contributions as enriching as this post, MAQT is prepared to "sweeten the pot" with:

-A complimentary* case of Chicago Open Orange Chicken.
-Two medium shoelaces (near-mint condition, briefly used by Logan Anbinder).
-The large-breasted female stick figure drawn on loose leaf to distract Jonathan Magin during Penn Bowl 2008 (not-so-near-mint condition, not-so-briefly used by Charles Meigs).

*For us. Does not include S&H.

We eagerly await your response.
Chris Ray
OSU
University of Chicago, 2016
University of Maryland, 2014
ACF, PACE
Frater Taciturnus
Auron

Post by Frater Taciturnus »

DumbJaques wrote: After considering your generous offer, and in order to ensure that you'll be on hand in person to provide our event with more contributions as enriching as this post, MAQT is prepared to "sweeten the pot" with:

-The large-breasted female stick figure drawn on loose leaf to distract Jonathan Magin during Penn Bowl 2008 (not-so-near-mint condition, not-so-briefly used by Charles Meigs).

Damn, I knew I should have held out for more.

On a more serious note,
Lapego1 wrote:Both TIT and Penn Bowl are happening dude. Announcement for PB forthcoming and TIT has been up.
Wouldn't the first packet deadline be almost immediately after you announced it at this point? Some of us like to get packets in early for discounts.
Janet Berry
[email protected]
she/they
--------------
J. Sargeant Reynolds CC 2008, 2009, 2014
Virginia Commonwealth 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013,
Douglas Freeman 2005, 2006, 2007
Broad-tailed Grassbird
Tidus

Post by Broad-tailed Grassbird »

DumbJaques wrote:

After considering your generous offer, and in order to ensure that you'll be on hand in person to provide our event with more contributions as enriching as this post, MAQT is prepared to "sweeten the pot" with:

hmmm... I'll have to talk to my team, since you have actually posted packet deadlines... But considering, we are.
Nalin
Scranton Middle School (2000-2003)
Brighton High School (2003-2007)
Michigan State University (2007-2011)
Semi-Retired (2012-present)