Illinois NAQT State Championship (2/27/10) @ Fenton HS

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Dan-Don
Yuna

Re: Illinois NAQT State Championship (2/27/10) @ Fenton HS

Post by Dan-Don »

Well assuming their league doesn't use NAQT, and assuming they came in fourth as a result of a ppb tiebreaker (which I believe is the case?), does NAQT still reserve a berth for the highest-finishing team who has not already qualified?
Dan Donohue, Saint Viator ('10), Northwestern ('14), NAQT
the return of AHAN
Auron

Post by the return of AHAN »

Even if they didn't win their league on NAQT questions, they should still get the berth as the highest finisher at an NAQT State event that hadn't already qualified. I KNOW that OPRF, Auburn, and Carbondale had all qualified via Kickoff. So, congratulations to Stevenson on qualifying!

EDIT: Yes, Dan. Unless I totally dreamed my exchange with Jeff Hoppes, then yes.
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Important Bird Area »

Moving Day wrote:Even if they didn't win their league on NAQT questions, they should still get the berth as the highest finisher at an NAQT State event that hadn't already qualified. I KNOW that OPRF, Auburn, and Carbondale had all qualified via Kickoff. So, congratulations to Stevenson on qualifying!
Stevenson has qualified (and in fact registered for HSNCT this morning).
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

Playoffs stats are reposted. Donald says these are complete. If it turns out they're not, tell us both.
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments