We hope to have a field of at least 32 teams (last year’s number) and will be glad to accommodate as many as are interested. Teams from out of state are strongly encouraged to attend: we typically attract a very strong field. This tournament is also available for mirroring; contact me for more information.
Registration/Contact. Contact David Reinstein <[email protected]> to register. Contact me <[email protected]> for anything else, such as to apply to moderate or otherwise work. Staff receive $40 and lunch.
Distribution. The distribution will be as follows:
- 4/4 literature, including at least 1/1 each of United States, British, and world
- 4/4 history, including at least 1/1 each of United States, European, and world
- 4/4+1 question science, including at least 1/1 each of physics, chemistry, biology, and one question on noncomputational math
- 2/2+1 question fine arts
- 2/2 religion, mythology, philosophy
- 1/1 social science
- 1/1 current events, geography
- 1/1 trash, maybe some interdisciplinary
Rules. We will use ACF rules except that teams of five are permitted (per Illinois norms). We may also have powers.
Fees. $70 per team; teams traveling long distances should contact David Reinstein for a discount. Illinois teams are expected to bring functional buzzer systems able to accommodate five players on each of two sides unless otherwise arranged. Staff discounts are arranged by having your staffer apply to be a staffer as above; we can credit the $40 to your entry fee if you want.
edited to note that some previously uncertain rule decisions have been made