James Island Tournament?

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
... and the chaos of Mexican modernity
Rikku

James Island Tournament?

Post by ... and the chaos of Mexican modernity »

Will James Island be holding a Tournament for the 08-09 season, and will it be an HSNCT qualifier?
Zach Foster
North Myrtle Beach High School class of 2009
George Mason University class of 2013
Sonic the Hedgehog and the Fox
Wakka

Re: James Island Tournament?

Post by Sonic the Hedgehog and the Fox »

That's an AMAZING question, Zach. Simply amazing.

Mrs. Meek hasn't said anything as to whether or not we'll have a tournament, nor whether or not we'll write the questions in-house.

I'll call Mrs. Meek sometime tomorrow and get back to you on it. For the record, a JI tournament would usually be held in January, usually around the third or so week, so maybe the 10th or the 17th. Last season I had heard something about a tournament in April, but I suppose that fell through due to lack of school commitment or something. Don't quote me on that, though. I don't involve myself in the affairs of greater mortals such as the administration at my high school, and that was just pure conjecture. I don't even remember who won our last tournament, which was held my....freshman year? Yeah, that's about right.

So! Tomorrow I'll know something.

EDIT: Brookwood won both divisions of our last tournament. Thanks Vamsi for informing me. I had forgotten.
Rafe Haddox
Ex-James Island '09 (you can email me for details, if you'd like)
Tiocfaidh ár lá!
... and the chaos of Mexican modernity
Rikku

Post by ... and the chaos of Mexican modernity »

I was wondering if Mr. Haddox can get back to me on whether or not a tournament will occur.
Zach Foster
North Myrtle Beach High School class of 2009
George Mason University class of 2013
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

Dude, wait until the school year starts at least. It sounds like he's not really in the know too much about whether it will happen yet.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White