Next Year

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
First Chairman
Auron

Re: Next Year

Post by First Chairman »

Interesting... we were hoping that since you guys at JI came up to GMU for Weekend of Quizbowl, and we were really trying to let people know this was a dress rehearsal for NSC that she might be more inclined to go. Instead she went to Chip's on the same weekend, right?
Emil Thomas Chuck, Ph.D.
Founder, PACE
Facebook junkie and unofficial advisor to aspiring health professionals in quiz bowl
---
Pimping Green Tea Ginger Ale (Canada Dry)
Sonic the Hedgehog and the Fox
Wakka

Post by Sonic the Hedgehog and the Fox »

Correct. In fact, Mr. Barry, Mr. Rountree, and Mr. Huff came to watch one of our games against...I think Wallenpaupack B. Perhaps it was our not-so-hot performance on Saturday of WoQ that may have swayed her to the other side, but I don't think I've ever heard her say the word PACE. Perhaps "pace", like "pick up the pace", but never PACE nor NSC.

MLWGS-Gir wrote:I believe the word you're going for is :chip: tastic.
Ahh! Thanks Sarah. On my own, I might have come up with a less flattering word.
Rafe Haddox
Ex-James Island '09 (you can email me for details, if you'd like)
Tiocfaidh ár lá!
Judson Laipply
Rikku

Post by Judson Laipply »

aarcoh wrote:
I think a team that went 1-5 and could not once break 150 points on an NAQT A Set at Seton Hall is not "strong" by any quizbowl-related definition of that term.
For what it's worth, I played them at that tournament and I do believe they were missing their captain/guy who does all of their scoring. At the New York state championship I think they beat Hunter so there obviously is some talent.
At NYS NAQT...

New Rochelle After 7 rounds(I believe that was the entire prelims...) 6-1 3rd Seed 315.7 ppg 19.45 p/b
James L.
Kellenberg '10
UPenn '14
UChicago '20