Question for the NSC Top 12

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Blackboard Monitor Vimes
Auron

Question for the NSC Top 12

Post by Blackboard Monitor Vimes »

Really for the bottom 8 of the top 12, but I wasn't sure how to phrase that. We left NSC before the All Star game because we hadn't eaten, as our B Team had been delayed and was still playing. We picked up our quarterfinalist plaque before we left, but someone didn't, and Will Butler thought it was ours. Thus, he gave it to me at the VCU practice last night and it is currently in 316. So, if you are missing a quarterfinalist plaque, let us know and we can either deliver it the first time we see you next season or mail it to you. Thanks.
Sam L,
Maggie L. Walker Governor's School 2010 / UVA 2014 / VCU School of Education 2016
PACE
AdamL
Lulu

Re: Question for the NSC Top 12

Post by AdamL »

I'll have to ask Mr. Rountree to be certain, but I'm 99% sure we (CHS A) didn't get a plaque. So that one's probably ours.
Adam Liem
Chattahoochee High '08
Georgia Tech '12
Blackboard Monitor Vimes
Auron

AdamL wrote:I'll have to ask Mr. Rountree to be certain, but I'm 99% sure we (CHS A) didn't get a plaque. So that one's probably ours.
If that's the case it's reasonably unlikely we'll see you guys during the season. Also, if you're out of school it might be difficult to mail it. If Mr. Rountree wants, I can bring it to camp with me and give it to him in person. Whatever works for you guys.
Sam L,
Maggie L. Walker Governor's School 2010 / UVA 2014 / VCU School of Education 2016
PACE
jbarnes112358
Tidus

Post by jbarnes112358 »

Or if Mr. Roundtree wants to send me his mailing address, I can mail it to him.

John Barnes
Maggie Walker

Jbarnes at gsgis dot k12 dot va dot us
jrbarry
Tidus

Post by jrbarry »

I assumed a team that went 0-5 in gthe playoffs would NOT get any plaques or trophies. you mean all 12 playoff teams were supposed to get plaques?
J.R. Barry
Retired teacher and former coach
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

Yes.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
First Chairman
Auron

Post by First Chairman »

All teams that make the quarterfinals of the playoffs got plaques... in effect, since I think 2005.
Emil Thomas Chuck, Ph.D.
Founder, PACE
Facebook junkie and unofficial advisor to aspiring health professionals in quiz bowl
---
Pimping Green Tea Ginger Ale (Canada Dry)
jbarnes112358
Tidus

Post by jbarnes112358 »

So Is it Brookwood's plaque?
Byko
Yuna

Post by Byko »

jbarnes112358 wrote:So Is it Brookwood's plaque?
No--I have Brookwood's plaque, which I'll be giving to Eric Huff when I see him down at Panasonic this coming weekend. So Rick, it's coming!
Dave Bykowski
Furman '00
Michigan '02
PACE 1998-2009
Director, JROTC National Academic Bowl Championship
jrbarry
Tidus

Post by jrbarry »

Thanks, Byko.
J.R. Barry
Retired teacher and former coach
vcuEvan
Auron

Post by vcuEvan »

Yeah sorry about this, this is completely my fault. I noticed Maggie Walker not get their plaque when called because they had already left and asked if I should bring them one of the remaining ones assuming they didn't get one. Sorry for the confusion.
Evan Adams
VCU '11, UVA '14, NYU '15
jbarnes112358
Tidus

Post by jbarnes112358 »

Adamantium Claws wrote:Yeah sorry about this, this is completely my fault. I noticed Maggie Walker not get their plaque when called because they had already left and asked if I should bring them one of the remaining ones assuming they didn't get one. Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks for thinking of us, Evan. You know my history of forgetfulness; so it was a reasonable assumption on your part. We did, in fact, almost and leave it. No problem. I will gladly mail it to its rightful owner. They just need to tell me where to send it.
Rountree
Rikku

Post by Rountree »

I, like Mr. Barry, assumed a team that went 1-4 in Sunday's championship pool would not receive any kind of plaque/award. Sarah, if you will bring it to ACE this summer, that would be awesome. Thanks! (Are you going to MSM like last year?)

Thanks again,
Elliott Rountree
Head Coach, Chattahoochee H.S.
Elliott Rountree
Lambert Coach, 2017-present
Buford Coach, 2014-2015
Chattahoochee Coach, 2004-2014
GATA, 2018-present; 2007-2014
ACE, 2000-2013
First Chairman
Auron

Post by First Chairman »

I know when I tell people on Saturday that everyone in the quarterfinals gets a plaque, not everyone remembers. Sunday is a crazy day.
Emil Thomas Chuck, Ph.D.
Founder, PACE
Facebook junkie and unofficial advisor to aspiring health professionals in quiz bowl
---
Pimping Green Tea Ginger Ale (Canada Dry)
Blackboard Monitor Vimes
Auron

elrountree wrote:I, like Mr. Barry, assumed a team that went 1-4 in Sunday's championship pool would not receive any kind of plaque/award. Sarah, if you will bring it to ACE this summer, that would be awesome. Thanks! (Are you going to MSM like last year?)

Thanks again,
Elliott Rountree
It would have been pretty awesome if you'd mentioned that last week, Mr. Rountree. School's out, and as far as I know, the plaque's still in our practice room. I'm actually going to Milligan to keep an eye on a freshman who couldn't go to MSM...at this point your best bet is probably to email Dr. B. at jbarnes AT gsgis DOT k12 DOT va DOT us. I think our teachers go in tomorrow to grade; you may be able to get him. I can't get to school tomorrow; Dr. Barnes may be able to drop the plaque off on his way home. I'll email him and ask.
Sam L,
PACE
jbarnes112358
Tidus

Post by jbarnes112358 »

Yes, I will deliver the plaque to Sarah who can deliver it to Mr.Roundtree.
Rountree
Rikku

Post by Rountree »

Thanks Dr. Barnes! Sarah, I guess I'll see you (with the plaque) at Milligan. Thanks again!

-Elliott Rountree
Elliott Rountree
Lambert Coach, 2017-present
Buford Coach, 2014-2015
Chattahoochee Coach, 2004-2014
GATA, 2018-present; 2007-2014
ACE, 2000-2013
Xerxes
Lulu

Post by Xerxes »

MLWGS-Gir wrote: I'm actually going to Milligan to keep an eye on a freshman who couldn't go to MSM...
Are you his mother?
Blackboard Monitor Vimes
Auron

Xerxes wrote:
MLWGS-Gir wrote: I'm actually going to Milligan to keep an eye on a freshman who couldn't go to MSM...
Are you his mother?
Pretty much. I also had the choice of his company at Milligan or my ex-boyfriend at MSM, so I'm going to Milligan. Plus, if I remember correctly (the website won't cooperate to let me check right now), some of the classes I'm interested in aren't available at MSM.
Sam L,
PACE
Lapego1
Tidus

Post by Lapego1 »

MLWGS-Gir wrote:
Xerxes wrote:
Are you his mother?
Pretty much. I also had the choice of his company at Milligan or my ex-boyfriend at MSM, so I'm going to Milligan.
QUIZCEST! ARG!
Mehdi Razvi
Maggie Walker Gov. School '07
University of Pennsylvania '11

"A goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid."
-James D. Watson (1928-)
Blackboard Monitor Vimes
Auron

Mr. Rountree, the plaque is now in my custody and in a place where I won't lose it. A reminder post the night of July 7 might be a good idea though...I'd hate to forget it...

And Mehdi, he was really (and still is) only half on the team anyway...
Sam L,
PACE