Potential Mizzou tournaments

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Potential Mizzou tournaments

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

I posted this also on the Missouri message board, but I am interested in getting Mizzou to host a couple quizbowl tournaments next year. I am looking into hosting some sort of season kickoff tournament in October (either the 11th or the 25th) on an NAQT A-set to provide an early in the season chance to qualify for nationals. Along with that I'm in the middle of aimlessly writing a high school tournament that I'm interested in using sometime in January or February assuming I finish it; this is less certain, so don't hold me to the timeframe just yet, I'll wait to announce the date until im halfway through the set, at which point I'll probably be looking for some collaborators (SCIENCE!). This house written set should be much closer to some kind of "prenationals" difficulty similar to the Hunter Prison Bowl. I'm curious if you guys out there would be interested in attending either of these tournaments.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
catsasslippers
Lulu

Re: Potential Mizzou tournaments

Post by catsasslippers »

I'll help with the Science if you'd like.
"... but not so if you're a structuralist! You're happy. You're french. You're very good looking. Very overpaid." - Sandra Blakely
Nina Charap
Stuyvesant High School '08
Emory University '12
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

I'll certainly look into it, but really I'm not going to make any serious move with getting people to help me until i have like 6 or so packets worth of stuff done and real interest on playing it.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
The Atom Strikes!
Tidus

Post by The Atom Strikes! »

I would be interesting in coming to a mirror out east, provided that the date didn't conflict with something else (as last year's Prison Bowl did with WorldQuest Nationals).
Henry Gorman, Wilmington Charter '09, Rice '13, PhD History Vanderbilt '1X
The Infanta
Wakka

Post by The Infanta »

Same as what Henry said.
Marisol Brady (they/them)
Kellenberg Memorial HS '09
University of Delaware '1X
Ondes Martenot
Tidus

Post by Ondes Martenot »

Bergen too. Hopefully. Maybe.
Aaron Cohen, Bergen County Academies '08, RPI '12, NYU-???, NAQT writer, HSAPQ writer, PACE writer
NotjustoldWASPs
Wakka

Post by NotjustoldWASPs »

Charlie---

I'd be willing to help with your science provided you host your event on not the last weekend of Jan or the first weekend of Feb...I'd certainly not want WUHSAC to compete with what I'm sure will be a great event for MO quizbowl.
Neel Kotra
WUSTL '10