Salisbury Hippocampus Super Bowl (4/19/08) @ Salisbury NC HS

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
pakman044
Rikku

Salisbury Hippocampus Super Bowl (4/19/08) @ Salisbury NC HS

Post by pakman044 »

JT Bost passed on this information. More information is available at the tournament website or by emailing him at [email protected].

Patrick King
Salisbury Hippocampus Super Bowl IV (SHS IV) on Saturday, April 19, 2008, at Salisbury High School in Salisbury, NC. This is an NAQT event and we will be using Invitational Series Packet #75-A. Registration is $100 per team and coach and includes breakfast and lunch. Discounts will be given for buzzer systems and early registration.
(Note: as usual, you may not attend this tournament if you have attended another tournament this year that has used IS 75-A.)
kamikaze
Rikku

Re: Salisbury Hippocampus Super Bowl (4/19/08) @ Salisbury NC HS

Post by kamikaze »

Aw, nuts. We may have to miss this tournament as it is on the same day as NAQT States. Great tournament, though, and we always enjoy going to play there. The cost may seem steep but I believe that covers everybody's lunch as well (and their breakfast was pretty good to boot). If you got the money and time, it's well worth a try.
Bob Powers
Blacksburg High School
(2022 - ?) Tournament Director, Blacksburg HS
(2021 - 2022) Scholastic Bowl coach, Eastern Montgomery HS
(2005 - 2020) Scholastic Bowl coach, Cave Spring HS
pakman044
Rikku

Post by pakman044 »

Update: The collision has been resolved. --PK

I've been informed there's a collision with another competition in NC on that date, so the date is potentially tentative.

Patrick King
scquizbowl
Wakka

Post by scquizbowl »

Also, we are planning to hold our tournament on April 19 at James Island, and that will take care of any teams from east of Columbia, and probably farther, because word of mouth gets out. :smile:
Joe
James Island '10
mithokie
Rikku

Post by mithokie »

We are in the same situation as Cave Spring. We are planning on going to NAQT States 4/19/08 @ UVA. I thought there was some discussion about moving NAQT States to 4/12, but I am not sure if I am making that up. We will likely register if the weekend opens up for us.

Matt Beeken
Auburn HS
pakman044
Rikku

Post by pakman044 »

The date collision inside of North Carolina that I originally mentioned appears to be resolved.

Patrick King