hahahahaha duke

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Matt Weiner
Sin

hahahahaha duke

Post by Matt Weiner »

lol
The Time Keeper
Auron

Post by The Time Keeper »

DUKE UNIVERSITY
evilmonkey
Yuna

Post by evilmonkey »

Darn.
theMoMA
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by theMoMA »

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODY
Mike Bentley
Sin

Post by Mike Bentley »

theMoMA wrote:DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODY
wtf hscroll
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008
theMoMA
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by theMoMA »

it was worth it.
First Chairman
Auron

Post by First Chairman »

After seeing how VCU just took over the game against GMU last weekend for the CAA, it surprises me not.
Emil Thomas Chuck, Ph.D.
Founder, PACE
Facebook junkie and unofficial advisor to aspiring health professionals in quiz bowl
---
Pimping Green Tea Ginger Ale (Canada Dry)
vcuEvan
Auron

Post by vcuEvan »

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

With the way Pitt's playing they're next... VCU ftw!
magin
Auron

Post by magin »

:scheyerface
Djibouti
Wakka

Post by Djibouti »

Your bracket being trash by the end of the tournament: ~$40
Salary of Coach K: $1.5 Million
Salary of VCU coach: $275,000
Duke's bus fair home: $(A lot)

DUKE LOSING IN THE FIRST ROUND GAME: PRICELESS

*Hearing chants of OVERRATED!*
First Chairman
Auron

Post by First Chairman »

Don't be so sure... at least in two of my brackets, I picked VCU to win.
Emil Thomas Chuck, Ph.D.
Founder, PACE
Facebook junkie and unofficial advisor to aspiring health professionals in quiz bowl
---
Golden Tiger 86
Tidus

Post by Golden Tiger 86 »

Did anybody but me catch the condescention from Kevin Harlan early in the game..."It must be a thrill for these kids from VCU to be playing a powerhouse program like Dook in the tournament." STFU, the CAA has put a team in the Final Four more recently than Dook (or the ACC for that matter)
Byko
Yuna

Post by Byko »

Golden Tiger 86 wrote:Did anybody but me catch the condescention from Kevin Harlan early in the game..."It must be a thrill for these kids from VCU to be playing a powerhouse program like Dook in the tournament." STFU, the CAA has put a team in the Final Four more recently than Dook (or the ACC for that matter)
Yeah, it was really pissing me off how the commentators were making a bigger deal of it than it actually was. I saw how VCU won the CAA tournament, and I had seen them play George Mason at GMU earlier this season. There's a reason I picked VCU to win that game in most of my entries--they really are that good. Sadly, for the commentators, they're not actually following basketball--they're usually just following the rest of the media's reports about basketball.

Duke was lucky to get a #6 seed. Duke was given either the toughest or second-toughest #11 seed (second only to Winthrop this year...maybe). Duke got what they deserved. But at least Coach K was classy about it--even as a Maryland fan, it's things like that that make me respect Coach K as a person.
Dave Bykowski
Furman '00
Michigan '02
PACE 1998-2009
Director, JROTC National Academic Bowl Championship
First Chairman
Auron

Post by First Chairman »

Well, I guess national commentators can be that clueless. VCU had the most conference wins in league history, and Byko and I pretty much saw how they dismantled Mason earlier this season (hooray free tickets for faculty or staff that night). Considering that Duke had some issues holding off Mason at bay when GMU played at Cameron, I had my misgivings that they could hold off a much more solid group of guards that VCU had.
Emil Thomas Chuck, Ph.D.
Founder, PACE
---
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

Byko wrote:But at least Coach K was classy about it--even as a Maryland fan, it's things like that that make me respect Coach K as a person.
Of course, this is another example of the low standards to which Duke is held. For most programs, not sending a goon out to break the opposing power forward's nose and not accusing the refs of being part of a conspiracy against you are just expected behavior when you lose. When Duke decides, in every other loss, not to do those things, it's "classy."
STPickrell
Auron

Post by STPickrell »

I am sure that J.J. Reddick would have an appropriate verse for the occasion.
Frater Taciturnus
Auron

Post by Frater Taciturnus »

Alas, Matt Weiner just controlled the pace of the game as he dominated the middle.
Janet Berry
[email protected]
she/they
--------------
J. Sargeant Reynolds CC 2008, 2009, 2014
Virginia Commonwealth 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013,
Douglas Freeman 2005, 2006, 2007
No Sollositing On Premise
Tidus

Post by No Sollositing On Premise »

Well, I had picked VCU to win. I also had them in my sweet sixteen, but a fat lot of good that did me.
Mike Sollosi, University of Virginia
bigtrain
Rikku

Post by bigtrain »

Byko wrote:
Golden Tiger 86 wrote:Did anybody but me catch the condescention from Kevin Harlan early in the game..."It must be a thrill for these kids from VCU to be playing a powerhouse program like Dook in the tournament." STFU, the CAA has put a team in the Final Four more recently than Dook (or the ACC for that matter)
Yeah, it was really pissing me off how the commentators were making a bigger deal of it than it actually was. I saw how VCU won the CAA tournament, and I had seen them play George Mason at GMU earlier this season. There's a reason I picked VCU to win that game in most of my entries--they really are that good. Sadly, for the commentators, they're not actually following basketball--they're usually just following the rest of the media's reports about basketball.

Duke was lucky to get a #6 seed. Duke was given either the toughest or second-toughest #11 seed (second only to Winthrop this year...maybe). Duke got what they deserved. But at least Coach K was classy about it--even as a Maryland fan, it's things like that that make me respect Coach K as a person.
Apparently you're unaware of Coach K's multiple recruiting violations or ridiculous treatment of coworkers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYOgC2Qbqh4

If I get diagnosed with a terminal illness, I'm heading over to Duke with a chemical weapon strapped to my back.