RESULTS: NAQT Mississippi State Championship @ MSU (3/24/07)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
jhn31
Wakka

RESULTS: NAQT Mississippi State Championship @ MSU (3/24/07)

Post by jhn31 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:47 pm

We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting the NAQT Mississippi Championship on March 24, 2007, at Mississippi State University. This is the first time such a state championship has been held in Mississippi. The fee will for each team will be $60, with a $10 discount for bringing a working buzzer set. Due to limited space, we are only going to open the field to a single team per school right now, though we will make a waiting list and allow teams to field B-teams if space allows. The top 15% of teams in attendance will qualify for the NAQT High School National Championship Tournament.

Teams interested should email me back at jhn31@msstate.edu and I will provide an entry form and additional information.

Good luck to all teams!

--Harry Nelson
Tournament Director

CHSplayerRohan
Lulu

Post by CHSplayerRohan » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:27 pm

yes our coach was talking about this one.

First Chairman
Auron

Post by First Chairman » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:45 pm

Are you sure this is the first time there has ever been a state championship quiz bowl tournament in Mississippi? I thought there was a Mississippi Academic Championship competition before, or Ole Miss ran something. (I know... wrong Mississippi school...) I think they make the claim they are a state championship competition.

Just wanting clarification and making sure that this is an accurate claim... unless you mean an NAQT Mississippi State Championship (which is certainly more accurate).

jhn31
Wakka

Post by jhn31 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:27 pm

[quote="E.T. Chuck"][i]Are you sure[/i] this is the first time there has ever been a state championship quiz bowl tournament in Mississippi? I thought there was a Mississippi Academic Championship competition before, or [url=http://www.outreach.olemiss.edu/youth/UMAIT/]Ole Miss[/url] ran something. (I know... wrong Mississippi school...) I think they make the claim they are a state championship competition.

Just wanting clarification and making sure that this is an accurate claim... unless you mean an NAQT Mississippi State Championship (which is certainly more accurate).[/quote]
I was referring to an NAQT state championship. Sorry if that was unclear.

In fact, I'm not aware that any NAQT tournament at all has been held in the state.

Irreligion in Bangladesh
Auron

Post by Irreligion in Bangladesh » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:16 pm

NAQT agrees that no NAQT tournament was held in Mississippi last year. This probably means you got, or could argue that you should have gotten, the questions for free (see the link for details).

pakman044
Rikku

Post by pakman044 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:51 pm

styxman wrote:NAQT agrees that no NAQT tournament was held in Mississippi last year. This probably means you got, or could argue that you should have gotten, the questions for free (see the link for details).
Per the 2007 call for hosts, "NAQT supplies state championship questions at no cost to hosts." (emphasis in original)

Patrick King

jhn31
Wakka

Post by jhn31 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:35 pm

Field update:

Clinton
East Webster
Franklin
George County (2)
Itawamba AHS (2+)
Meridian
Murrah (2)
Wesson (2)

There's still space for about 12 more teams (or maybe even a few more than that if we get enough volunteers to read).

jhn31
Wakka

quick results

Post by jhn31 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:27 pm

Quick results:

Murrah was the winner with a 10-1 overall record.

Clinton (9-2) came in second, and George County (8-3) came in third.

More detailed stats to follow.

jhn31
Wakka

Post by jhn31 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:56 pm

I've got the full tournament stats in SQBS now, but how do I upload them to the internet?

pakman044
Rikku

Post by pakman044 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:24 pm

I assume you know how to get access to your web server to upload stuff.

First, go to Settings and select Reports. Make sure all of the files that you want are selected. While you're at it, go through all of the tabs on that applet window, and make sure all of the settings are as you want them. When done, select OK.

Then, go to the Reports menu, and select Full Web Report. Choose the directory to save it to, and give a name (don't enter any extension .yyy or anything like that). The name will be the beginning part of each file.

This will generate all of the SQBS report files that you would see online. Take these HTML files and upload them to your server. The reports then can then be accessed as http :// yourDomain.yyy/[any directories to get to where your SQBS output is]/[name your entered earlier]_standings.html

You can also automatically upload them to an FTP server. Simply go to Settings, select FTP, and enter your FTP server name, username, password, and directory that want the files to go into. After clicking OK, go to the Reports menu and select Post to Web.

If you need more help, visit the SQBS version 4 documentation, and scroll down to the "Generating Reports" subsection. The online help in the program also has documentation for this--select the Help Menu, then Contents, Working with Reports, and then you can either choose Full Web Report or Posting to the Web.

I'm sure this description isn't the most user friendly; if you need more help, post again, and I'll see if I can cobble together some screenshots that describe what to do for you.

Patrick King

jhn31
Wakka

Post by jhn31 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:39 pm