2nd Annual DCC Academic Tournament (2/24/07) in Novi, MI

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
jjones
Lulu

2nd Annual DCC Academic Tournament (2/24/07) in Novi, MI

Post by jjones »

It is my pleasure to announce the second annual Detroit Catholic Central Academic Tournament which will be held Saturday February, 24th at Detroit Catholic Central High School’s new campus at 27225 Wixom Road, Novi, MI 48374. The tournament is open to all high school teams. Teams will consist of four students with any number of eligible substitutions. If there is sufficient interest, we will consider having a JV division open to students in grades nine (9) through eleven-(11).

The questions are house-written and consist of three rounds per match. Every team will play seven matches in the morning session. There will be a single-elimination playoff round in the afternoon. The top finishers from this tournament will qualify for the PACE National Tournament in Ann Arbor, MI.

• 8 Pyramid-style tossups worth 10 points and two (2) related bonuses worth 10 points each
• 10 question team worksheet (1 minute to answer). 10 point bonus for getting all questions correct.
• 10 Pyramid-style toss-up questions worth twenty (20) points each.
• Each team will be allowed one (1) one-minute time-out per game.

All questions will be read during the matches. Substitutions will be allowed between rounds and during either team’s time out.

The fee structure is as follows:
• $65 cost per team
• $10 discount per buzzer system
• $10 travel discount for teams making a 150 mile round trip

Additional information about this tournament can be found on our website.
Please feel free to email me if you have any questions: [email protected].
Hoborobo
Kimahri

Post by Hoborobo »

These forms apparently hyperlink automatically, so you might want to remove the [/url] at the end of your url. Or a mod can do it.
Captain Sinico
Auron

Post by Captain Sinico »

Fixed.

MaS
jjones
Lulu

Post by jjones »

With just about two weeks to go, I just wanted to send a reminder about our tournament on February 24th. If you haven't registered yet, we'd love to have you come compete. If you have already registered, but would be able to field another team we still have room. I will keep registration open until February 21st.

Also, we are in desperate need of buzzer systems. We only have three working systems and cannot run a tournament with that number. If you have buzzers please bring them. There is a $10 discount per buzzer system brought.

The field so far includes the following teams:
Troy High School
Novi High School
East Lansing High School
Anthony Wayne High School
DeWitt High School
White Cloud High School
Churchill High School
Brighton High School
Ottowa Hills High School

If I have neglected to include any teams or if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.
jjones
Lulu

Post by jjones »

With 4 days until the tournament I figured I'd update the field. We have 36 teams registered (21 Varsity Teams and 15 Junior Varsity Teams).

School, Varsity, JV
DeWitt High School,1, 2
U of D, 0,1
Anthony Wayne High School, 1, 2
White Cloud, 1, 1
Detroit Country Day, 1, 0
Churchill, 2, 0
Troy High School, 2, 0
Brighton High School, 1, 0
Saline, 1, 2
Sand Creek, 1, 1
East Lansing, 1, 1
Rochester High School, 1, 1
Mercy High School, 1, 1
Ottowa Hills, 1, 0
Hartland High School, 2, 2
West Bloomfield, 2, 0
Novi, 2, 1

We are still two buzzer systems short for the tournament. Please bring any buzzer systems you can spare; otherwise, we will have to resort to hand-raising, which nobody likes doing.

Looking forward to a great tournament.
The Time Keeper
Auron

Post by The Time Keeper »

Results?