RESULTS: BRAVE Falcon '06 (11/18/06) @ Bowling Green (OH)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
bgquizteam
Lulu

RESULTS: BRAVE Falcon '06 (11/18/06) @ Bowling Green (OH)

Post by bgquizteam »

All high school teams are invited to attend Bowling Green State University's fall tournament, BRAVE Falcon '06, to be held November 18, 2006. All teams are invited, but there may be a cutoff if interest exceeds space.

We plan to again use NAQT questions, with Ohio and Michigan exclusivity.

Registration will start as soon as all details are finalized and will be added to this post. We also plan to put information on our website, http://www.bgsu.edu/studentlife/organizations/aqt/

Expect emails and letters to be sent shortly; if you want to receive more information, email bgquizteam AT yahoo.com .

In the meantime, feel free to post comments or suggestions about BRAVE Falcon here, or send them to bgquizteam AT yahoo.com . Numerous requests by teams wanting to qualify for OAC, for example, will be honored.

---

Friends,

BG has been assigned NAQT packet 63A. If anyone is participating in QuizBusters at Michigan State or Quiz Central at Central Michigan, you're not eligible to attend BRAVE Falcon, but please let us know if you're interested in coming all the same, and perhaps we can work something out.

More details to be posted soon.
jrbellas
Lulu

Post by jrbellas »

I would like to encourage all of the coaches in the Ohio/Michigan area to consider coming to this tournament. It was very well run last year, and BG is a very nice campus who rolls out the red carpet when they host. We enjoyed ourselves immensely, and had some excellent competition.

This is an unsolicited endorsement of the tournament - I just want to see the best in the midwest come out for this event! :grin:
bgquizteam
Lulu

Registration materials available

Post by bgquizteam »

Details have been finalized, and registration materials are available. If you'd like an email copy or one mailed to you, let us know at bgquizteam AT yahoo . com . Hope to see you all there!
BobGHHS
Rikku

Post by BobGHHS »

Tim, you really need to stop scheduling the same weekend as OSU-Michigan...
Bob Kilner
Kent State '06 - Boise State '10
Former Coach, Garfield Hts (OH) (2001-08)
Former Coach, Eastlake North HS (OH) (2015-22)

"I'd sooner fail than not be among the greatest." - John Keats
bgquizteam
Lulu

please register

Post by bgquizteam »

With less than two weeks left to register for BRAVE Falcon '06, we're well below expected numbers. If you're out there and waiting, please register by email. We await your response.

We also encourage feedback of any kind.

BGSU Academic Quiz Team
jrbellas
Lulu

Post by jrbellas »

Any idea of what the field will be?
jrbellas
Lulu

Post by jrbellas »

Are you planning on posting results? Just curious about the indiv. totals and some of the scores of the games, since I didn't get to see all of them.

Have a happy thanksgiving!
bgquizteam
Lulu

RESULTS: BRAVE Falcon '06

Post by bgquizteam »

On behalf of the Academic Quiz Team, I would like to thank everyone for participating in BRAVE Falcon '06. I am proud to be among such wonderful students, coaches, and teachers. Thank you all for supporting such a worthwhile event.

I sincerely hope that everyone involved enjoyed themselves. I would encourage everyone to fill out a coaches' survey if you have not already done so, or make your own comments about the tournament. We really welcome your feedback in order to make future tournaments even better. We take all comments seriously, and have already started discussing changes for next year.

Results: Congratulations to JV Olentangy, Bellevue, and Sand Creek for winning their respective consolation brackets. In the JV, JV Real Anthony Wayne and JV Solon finished in third place, while JV AS Detroit Catholic Central took second to JV Detroit Catholic Central FC. In the varsity, Loveland and Detroit Catholic Central United took third, while Real Detroit Catholic Central took second. Tippecanoe earned the varsity championship.

Top scorers in JV were Zorian Sasyk of DCC, Tim Bowers of Greenville, and Sam Werner of Solon. Top scorers in varsity were Eric Muller and Carl Nelson of DCC, and Demetrius of Tippecanoe.

Full results will be posted on our website soon, along with a few pictures of the event. Check http://www.bgsu.edu/studentlife/organizations/aqt soon.