MIT Fall Academic Tournament (11/21/2020)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
SirMrGuy
Lulu

MIT Fall Academic Tournament (11/21/2020)

Post by SirMrGuy »

Hello everyone! This is an official announcement for the ninth annual MIT Fall Academic Tournament, being hosted virtually on Discord on Saturday, November 21st, 2020. We will be using MCMT, a regular difficulty high school question set.

This tournament is for teams in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. Teams from outside these states should play their region's mirror of MCMT instead.

Format
Rounds will consist of 20 tossup questions that can be answered by members of either team. If a team answers a tossup question correctly, they will then play an unrelated three-part bonus question that only their team can answer.

Each team can have up to six players on its roster, but only four players may play at any one time. Schools planning to bring seven or more players should register a second team.

The exact number of rounds will depend on the size of the tournament, though we will guarantee a minimum of nine games for all teams.

Fees
The registration fee for this tournament is set at a flat $70 per team. There is currently no staffing discount, although this is subject to change. Note that a credit or debit card will be required for payment. If this is absolutely infeasible for your team, mention this in your registration email so that we can work out an alternative.

Registration
To register, please email sirmrguy [at] mit [dot] edu with your school name and the number of teams you are registering. The field cap is currently 16 teams, though this can be expanded if there is enough interest. Once the field fills, additional teams will be added to a waitlist. Registration is now closed.

In accordance with MIT policy, all attendees will be required to have their parent or guardian fill out a short online form giving consent for them to attend the tournament.

Cheating and Misconduct
All attendees must adhere to the PACE Code of Conduct. Misconduct should be reported to the staff and/or via the misconduct form found on the Code of Conduct page.

In an effort to counter cheating, we will require all players to have their video on at the tournament. Exceptions may be granted if they are brought to our attention ahead of time. All cheating allegations will be dealt with seriously.

Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing you at the tournament!
Last edited by SirMrGuy on Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steven Liu

Cedar Drive MS '15
High Tech '19
MIT '23
I do mathy stuff for Groger Ranks.

"I'm going insane because I miss Steven so much" -Michael Li
SirMrGuy
Lulu

Re: MIT Fall Academic Tournament (11/21/2020)

Post by SirMrGuy »

Field as of 11/18 (teams)
Phillips Academy (1)
Lexington (3)
Southside (SC) (2)
Acton-Boxborough (2)

Total - 8/16
Last edited by SirMrGuy on Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Steven Liu

Cedar Drive MS '15
High Tech '19
MIT '23

SirMrGuy
Lulu

Re: MIT Fall Academic Tournament (11/21/2020)

Post by SirMrGuy »

We're a couple weeks away from the tournament - get your registrations in!
Steven Liu

Cedar Drive MS '15
High Tech '19
MIT '23