LIT High School Mirror @ UIUC (10/24/2020)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Iain.Carpenter
Lulu

LIT High School Mirror @ UIUC (10/24/2020)

Post by Iain.Carpenter »

Hello everyone, I hope ya'll are staying safe. UIUC is excited to announce that we will be hosting the online high school mirror of Longhorn Invitation Tournament (LIT) on October 24th, 2020 with me, Iain Carpenter serving as TD. More information on the set is available at this link.

Eligibility
- All closed high school teams are eligible to play this tournament; that is, chimera teams will not be allowed to register.

Gameplay
- Tournament will begin at 9 am CST on Discord.
- There is an initial cap of 24 teams, but that is subject to change depending on interest and number of staffers.
- Max of 6 players per team, with only 4 playing at a time.
- Teams consisting of less than 4 players are allowed to play.
- Tournament will follow the ACF rules with the exception of 7 seconds answer time to allow for any internet or typing lags.
- Players are encouraged to use voice to answer, but it is not required.
- Players are also encouraged to use a webcam if they are able to, but a webcam is absolutely not required to play this tournament.
- There will be a 45 minute to 1 hour lunch break in between prelims and playoffs.

Registration
- To register, please email me, Iain Carpenter at [email protected] with the subject line "High School LIT Registration" and include your school name, the number of teams you intend to bring, and if you intend to provide any staffers. After your registration is received, you will receive an email confirmation of your registration and an invoice summarizing the fees you owe. We can accept either check or Venmo.

Fees and Payment
Base fee - $90 per team
Provided staff discount - $10 off total for every experienced staffer that is provided for the entirety of the tournament. Staffers must be able to read a full packet in under 30-45 minutes and be familiar with scorekeeping.
Minimum fee - $60 per team

Code of Conduct
All players are expected to adhere to the code of conduct that is provided in the main LIT thread which is linked above. The code of conduct will be sent to all registered teams before the tournament as well as be posted in the Discord server.

Any staffer who wishes to help out with this tournament should email me at the above email as well. Staffers not associated with a team at this tournament will receive 20$ from the club for their help.
Iain Carpenter
Mahomet-Seymour High School (2013-2017)
UIUC (2017-2021)
Iain.Carpenter
Lulu

Re: LIT High School Mirror @ UIUC (10/24/2020)

Post by Iain.Carpenter »

Current Field (11/18)
St. Marks (TX)
Ladue (MO)
Beavercreek (OH)
Uni (IL)
DCC (MI)
Barrington A (IL)
Strake Jesuit (TX)
Stevenson A (IL)
Stevenson B (IL)
Stevenson C (IL)