Pine Tree Classic [Maine, Fall-Winter 2020/21, date by arrangement]

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
CPiGuy
Auron

Pine Tree Classic [Maine, Fall-Winter 2020/21, date by arrangement]

Post by CPiGuy »

This is an announcement for the Pine Tree Classic, a tournament to be held in the fall or winter of 2020-21 on Zoom. The tournament will be directed by me, Conor Thompson, and will use the ERIS question set edited by myself.

Eligibility
The tournament is open to all teams representing schools located in the state of Maine. If the field size demands it, teams from outside Maine may be sought, but at the moment only Maine teams are invited.

Fees
Costs for this tournament will be minimal; each team will be asked to pay $20 to cover the cost of the question set and to compensate staffers for their time.

Date
The interest form linked below includes a survey asking teams which dates they are and are not available. A date or dates will be chosen to accommodate as many teams as possible. Formats may include a full-day Saturday tournament, a tournament split over two or more days, or a league-style tournament, or some combination of these.

Format
The exact format will depend on the number of teams, but teams will play somewhere between 7 and 10 games before finals.

Registration
If you are interested, please fill out this form to express your interest!
Conor Thompson (he/it)
Bangor High School '16
University of Michigan '20
Iowa State University '25
Tournament Format Database
CPiGuy
Auron

Re: Pine Tree Classic [Maine, Fall-Winter 2020/21, date by arrangement]

Post by CPiGuy »

I've updated the original post with an interest form, and will be contacting interested teams shortly to ask that they fill it out so we can arrive on a date or dates soon.
Conor Thompson (he/it)
Bangor High School '16
University of Michigan '20
Iowa State University '25
Tournament Format Database