Georgia Tech Invitational Tournament - CANCELED

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
ASimPerson
Rikku

Georgia Tech Invitational Tournament - CANCELED

Post by ASimPerson »

The Georgia Tech Academic Team is pleased to announce a new high school tournament scheduled for April 15, 2006.

Time and Place:
The tournament will be April 15, 2005 at Georgia Tech's Instructional Center. Registration will start at 8:00 and the tournament will start at 9:00am. The tournament should be over by approximately 5:00pm, though this will vary depending on the number of teams that register.

If you are interested in attending, please let us know as soon as you can.

Please e-mail your registration to me at [email protected]. Interested teams need to register by April 8, 2006. The field has a cap of 30 teams. Registration space is available on a first-come, first-served basis. The fee is $50. Teams are required to bring one WORKING buzzer set per two teams they register (so, if you bring 1-2 teams, you must bring one system, 2-4 teams two systems, and so on). Include the following information in your registration e-mail:

* School Location
* Contact info (e.g., name and e-mail address)
* Number of teams
* Number of working buzzer systems (should be at least number of teams divided by two)

A discount for $5 per buzzer system is available for any working sets your bring beyond the required number. This discount is applied to your overall amount.

Format:
Much like the high school tournaments held by UTC and Vanderbilt, we will use a college-style 20 tossup, 20 (unrelated) bonus format with no negs (aka, no penalty for interrupting a tossup).

The overall format of the tournament itself will depend very much on the number of teams that register, so I am unable to give specifics at this time. However, we will try to maximize the number of rounds played by most teams.

Again, if you have any questions or comments, please direct them to Stephen or me. Hope to see you in Atlanta in April!

Nicholas Bendler
Tournament Director, Georgia Tech Invitational Tournament
[email protected]
Last edited by ASimPerson on Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nick Bendler, Georgia Tech '06
Moderator emeritus
ASimPerson
Rikku

Post by ASimPerson »

Georgia (and other) folks:

I'm in a bit of bind here, scheduling-wise.

Apparently most of the metro area teams have spring break on the 1st. Easter is April 16th.

Because of the break, this effecitvely takes the beginning of the break and the end of the break out of play, since I'd guess most people would leave somewhere the 1st and come back the 9th. Of course, my whole intention with the April date was to avoid dealing with multiple spring breaks in March (including ours).

April 15th is the day before Easter.

So I'm in a couple of hard places here.

If you're a coach (or other such person) interested in this tournament, please e-mail me (or reply here) and let know if the 15th is fine or not, and if it isn't, any possible alternatives. Moving later isn't an option - I imagine Moon Pie is the next week, and the two weeks after that are the end of our semester.

Thanks for your input.
Nick Bendler, Georgia Tech '06
Moderator emeritus
jmartin
Lulu

Post by jmartin »

Just checking: will there definitely be a high school tournament on April 15 at GA Tech? I've just received an invite to a tournament at Parkwood HS.