OH - Beavercreek Fall Invitational, NAQT IS-178A

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
ellen.spence
Kimahri

OH - Beavercreek Fall Invitational, NAQT IS-178A

Post by ellen.spence »

The Beavercreek High School Academic Team will host its annual Fall Invitational tournament on Saturday October 27th and would like to extend a warm welcome to both experienced and novice quizbowl teams alike.

This year we will be playing the NAQT IS-178A set and all teams will be guaranteed 10 rounds. We will do initial round robin games in pods of 6, then rebracket in the afternoon to play 5 more rounds with teams of similar records. The top 15% of teams will qualify for the HSNCT competition this spring in Atlanta. Currently registrations are for one level (varsity) only, but I will likely have my new players form a team and play so multiple teams are certainly invited and encouraged.

The cost is $65 for the first team and $55 for any additional teams. There is a $5 discount per buzzer and a $10 discount for any experienced readers. Pizza will be offered for $10 each, and orders will be collected at a later date.

This year I will be using the NAQT official registration system for the tournament, so please use this link to register your team: https://www.naqt.com/registration/field ... nt_id=9797 It will require an account through NAQT (it is the same one you use to register a team for the HSNCT National Competition) or you can create a new account for your school if you do not have one already. If you cannot figure out how to use the NAQT system, you may simply e-mail me your registration instead. (ellenDOTspenceATbeavercreek.k12.oh.us)

I look forward to seeing many of you in October!
Ellen Spence
Beavercreek

ellen.spence
Kimahri

Re: OH - Beavercreek Fall Invitational, NAQT IS-178A

Post by ellen.spence »

Current field as of 10/9/18
Beavercreek
Clermont Northeastern
Fisher Catholic
Little Miami A
Little Miami B
Miami East
Miami Valley A
Miami Valley B
Miami Valley C
Northeastern
Tecumseh
Xenia
Ellen Spence
Beavercreek

Bhagwan Shammbhagwan
Lulu

Re: OH - Beavercreek Fall Invitational, NAQT IS-178A

Post by Bhagwan Shammbhagwan »

Thank you all for coming to the 2018 Beavercreek Fall Invitational! The tournament was won by Miami Valley A, who got their revenge on Miami Valley B in a one-game final with a score of 510-240. All of the stats can be viewed here: http://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/53 ... s/overall/

Bracket Winners:

Her Bluest Eye of Argon - MVS A
My Immortal: Life of Henrietta Lacks - MVS B
Satan-tango Tell it on a Mountain - Ottawa Hills
Fifty Shades of Dorian Grey - Beavercreek A

We hope you come again to the next iteration of this tournament!
Hari Parameswaran
Beavercreek High School '19
Georgia Tech '2?