Culver Academies (IN) Frosh/Soph Tourney Nov. 19

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
pblessman
Rikku

Culver Academies (IN) Frosh/Soph Tourney Nov. 19

Post by pblessman »

Culver Academies are hosting their first (hopefully annual) Frosh/Soph Tournament on Saturday, Nov. 19. Culver is in North Central Indiana, approximately 1 hour SSW of South Bend.

The tournament will use NAQT IS#55A and is only open to teams comprised of students currently in 10th grade and below. The entry fee is $35 per team with a $10 discount for bringing a buzzer system. Teams are guaranteed a minimum of five matches, with the total number of rounds depending on the number of teams entering the tournament.

Please register for the tournament by e-mail: [email protected].

Thanks!

Phil
pblessman
Rikku

Update

Post by pblessman »

Current sign-up for Culver Academies' Frosh/Soph Tournament on Nov. 19 is twelve teams:

John Adams (South Bend, IN) 2 Teams
St. Joseph's (South bend, IN) 2 Teams
Culver Academies (Culver, IN) 3 Teams
Harrison (Lafayette, IN) 2 Teams
McCutcheon (Lafayette, IN) 2 Teams
Edmonson County (KY) 1 Team

If you're interested in attending, please register by e-mailing Phil Blessman at [email protected]! The registration deadline is Nov. 5!
Ben Dillon
Rikku

Post by Ben Dillon »

As is rapidly becoming the case, Phil Blessman deserves kudos for a well-run tournament. It was nice to have a local tournament in which I could pit my freshmen and sophomores against their own. (Plus my freshman team almost won the whole tourney!)

I hope more teams from surrounding states consider coming to Indiana tournaments. In addition to Phil running a tournament well, the campus of Culver Academies is beautiful. I especially hope Edmonsons County found the drive from Kentucky to be worthwhile.

Let's finish with the shameless plug: Phil's and other Indiana tournaments can be found at the Indiana website, http://www.inqblots.org
Ben Dillon, Saint Joseph HS

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as
six impossible things before breakfast!"
prewitt81
Lulu

Post by prewitt81 »

Edmonson County was delighted to be a part of this event. We would like to thank Mr. Blessman not only for the manner in which it was run, but also for all that he did for our team outside of the tournament. Our freshmen have made us promise that we'll attend next year, and our sophomore has volunteered to help coach if we'll take him along.

We would also like to thank Mr. Battersby for his kind remarks both during and after the tournament, and for his exceptional job moderating for us for most of the day.

Great people, great questions, great tournament. Thanks!
"Believe those who seek the truth. Doubt those who find it."

Jeff Prewitt
Head Coach
Edmonson County HS Academic Team
Brownsville, KY
pblessman
Rikku

Edmonson County High School wins Culver Frosh/Soph Tourney

Post by pblessman »

Edmonson County High School from Kentucky defeated St. Joseph’s High School from South Bend, IN, in the Championship match by a score of 305-115 to win the Culver Academies Frosh/Soph Quiz Bowl Tournament on Saturday, November 19. Harrison High School (Lafayette, IN) came in third and Culver Academies (IN) placed fourth in the eight-team tournament. Edmonson County finished with a record of 8-1, St. Joe’s 7-2, Harrison 6-3 and Culver finished 4-3.